CM/PzC N44 H2H Operation CM Battle Hex 11-10 Axis DAR

This thread is the DAR of a CM battle that my H2H operation has generated, the battle is for the possession of hex 11-10 and the elimination of the small Allied armoured force occupying it.

AxisHexBattle11-10DARIntroScreen.jpg

George MC is playing this particular battle on my behalf, and below are some screenshots of his intentions.

AxisHexBattle11-10DARArrowsScreen.jpg

AxisHexBattle11-10DARTurn1TextScreen.jpg

Maybe you shouldn't give his plans away to his opponent (?).

The main purpose of this operation is to test the system and rules i nave created, and to demonstrate them to the CM community, so i'm not concerned about security when it comes to intel, i will leave that up to the integrity of the people that are playing the battles :)

Here goes with the opening moves of the CM battle at hex 11-10.

Below are the positions George has placed his units in, the infantry company at the north edge of the map has been positioned incorrectly because i failed to communicate how PzC units in travel mode should be deployed in a CM battle, which is in a strip 11 tiles long by 1 tile wide, at right angles to the map edge, which can be placed anywhere in the 1000m x 11 tiles attackers deployment zone.

The Allied player has one move in my opinion, and that is to make a run up the east edge of the map to reach the Allied exit zone, however due to the nature of the terrain, George cannot deploy to block that position directly as there is no cover from long range fire, and he only has one infantry company there with one Pz Shrek, therefore the Allied player has a window of opportunity to escape.

AxisHexBattle11-10DARCMsetup1a.jpg

AxisHexBattle11-10DARCMsetup1b.jpg

D'oh !!!

AxisHexBattle11-10DARCMTurn1Movie1.jpg

AxisHexBattle11-10DARCMTurn1Movie2.jpg

On the bright side, at least the Allied CO has shown he is on the ball, so this operation should be a good one, and i will now take possession of the map and hex without sustaining casualties.

To continue with the DAR on behalf of George, as the Axis infantry move to cover, the escaping Stuarts appear charging toward their exit zone.

Axisbattlehex11-10screenshot.jpg

Axisbattlehex11-10screenshot6.jpg

They're over there mate !!!

Axisbattlehex11-10screenshot1.jpg

As the Stuarts make good their escape they cheekily take some pot shots at the Axis infantry teams..........and to the guy with the binoculars.......... "THEY'RE OVER THERE MATE !!!"

Axisbattlehex11-10screenshot2.jpg

It's then i realise how vulnerable the Axis infantry teams are, given the nearest armour support is at the other side of the map !!!

Axisbattlehex11-10screenshot3.jpg

And they've stopped :eek:

Axisbattlehex11-10screenshot7.jpg

So from "damn !!!...they're escaping" it was now "escape,escape !!!....please, escape !!!"

Axisbattlehex11-10screenshot5.jpg

And relax.

Axisbattlehex11-10screenshot8.jpg

That concludes the battle at hex 11-10, which made up for in comedy value, what it lacked in action :)

noob,

Nice one. It looked pretty grim on the map from PzC. I didn't think the lads had much of a chance to survive. Having the play-out done this way with CMBN is really neat.

Heinrich505

It was interesting to see how certain operational decisions had knock on tactical effects, and even though the forces were unbalanced, and the games lasted no more than three turns, they were still fascinating to see play out, and were a validation of my decision to resolve all the battles using CMBN.