Did the M13/40 fight in Sicily ?

In the John Tiller game Sicily '43 there are Italian M13/40 tanks (4th/102nd Tank Battalion, 5th/102nd Tank Battalion, 2nd/102nd Anti Tank Battalion), however i see no sign of them in the Italian TO&E, is it going to be in CMFI or have Tiller games made a mistake ?

M13/40 and the improved versions do not appear. I've not seen any evidence that they fought in Sicily. What were left of these tanks after the destruction of the Italian armored forces in Tunisia were near Rome (IIRC) reconstituting the armored divisions when the armistice happened.

the John Tiller game Sicily '43

Bear in mind that this same game has Typhoons and Mosquitos supporting the Allied forces. I think he just phoned that game in, and the OoBs for Salerno '43 are even worse.

Bear in mind that this same game has Typhoons and Mosquitos supporting the Allied forces. I think he just phoned that game in, and the OoBs for Salerno '43 are even worse.

Reminds me of Allied Commander, which had Mosquitos and Lancasters in North Africa. I despaired of it.

Michael

The game is going to turn 'interesting' in the following modules after the Italian surrender. I would expect to find German units using a lot of confiscated Italian equipment. The Germans kept the Italian arms factories going almost til the end, even fielded variants of Italian armor the italians didn't get to use. Plus Italian armor in German hands got some very cool 1944 camou schemes. ;)