New file at the Repository: DC's 49th (West Riding) Division (Part IV) (2012-06-28)

The 49th (West Riding) Division became operational in Normandy on June 12th, 1944 and took part in most of the Normandy Campaign. The 49th Division saw action at Fontenay-le-Pesnel, Raurey, the fighting around Caen, Odon River, Vendes and Le Havre. Due to combat losses/manpower shortages, the 6th Duke of Wellington’s Regt was replaced in early July 1944 within the 147th Brigade by the 1st Leicestershire Regt; in August, the entire 70th Infantry Brigade was replaced within the 49th Division by the 56th Infantry Brigade(previously independent).Part IV includes:56th Infantry Brigade (from Aug 20th, 1944)2nd Bn, South Wales Borderers2nd Bn, Gloucestershire Regt2nd Bn, Essex RegtThis mod has several different elements that should allow the player to effectively model the units provided; this includes uniform items, vehicles and game interface. It includes elements from Fuser, Mord and Juju, as well as my own work.

More...

LOL. Yep, let me guess you uploaded it and then looked randomly in the folder and found a mistake?

I think I have maybe gotten five mods made where I didn't have to fix something two seconds after I post it.

Mord.

LOL...I have it completed but this error set me back a tiny bit.

BTW, I have the DCLI in their standard white-on-red 'Cornwall' (as they apparently used this until about Sept '44, when they switched to 'DCLI').

I also did an alternate version (not implemented but included) of gold-on-black 'DCLI', though I'm not sure if they used that one when they switched or just stuck with the white-on-red. Any thoughts?

DC Re your query my understanding was that the DCLI was a white on red patch. But i know that the gold and black are a very traditional Cornish combination. I have written to a cousin of mine who served just post war with the DCLI and who still lives in Cornwall to see if he can shed any light on this really crucial issue......watch this space............

Greetings DC---just set up first heroic DCLI engagement---really impressed by the whole mod and in particular by the brilliant portrayal of the mythical Wessex Wyvern ---not an easy creature to depict I imagine--- and also impressed by the clarity of all the insignia included.

Many thanks---and worth the rediculously long wait for this elite division and battalion-----Cheers---will let you know if I glean anything further re the gold-on-black version