New file at the Repository: DC's 49th (West Riding) Division (Part II) (2012-06-28)

The 49th (West Riding) Division became operational in Normandy on June 12th, 1944 and took part in most of the Normandy Campaign. The 49th Division saw action at Fontenay-le-Pesnel, Raurey, the fighting around Caen, Odon River, Vendes and Le Havre. Due to combat losses/manpower shortages, the 6th Duke of Wellington’s Regt was replaced in early July 1944 within the 147th Brigade by the 1st Leicestershire Regt; in August, the entire 70th Infantry Brigade was replaced within the 49th Division by the 56th Infantry Brigade(previously independent).Part II includes:146th Infantry Brigade4th Bn, Lincolnshire Regt1/4th Bn, King’s Own Yorkshire Light InfantryHallamshire Bn, York & Lancaster RegtThis mod has several different elements that should allow the player to effectively model the units provided; this includes uniform items, vehicles and game interface. It includes elements from Fuser, Mord and Juju, as well as my own work.

More...

LOL. Nobody could argue about DC's dedication to historical detail! He's redefined OCD as of that post!

On a more serious note. Good work buddy, you down a helluva good job with these!

Mord.

I actually looked at the helmet mods to include, but decided that I didn't want to add too much more to the mod (sizes are pretty big already), plus, I'd be forcing helmet variations on people. With the randomized numbering system, I figure it's easy enough for those that want other variations to just number them "uk-helmet 2" (or "uk-helmet 3.bmp" if that particular unit has an included helmet flash). I took advantage of the numbering to randomize the soldiers with helmet flashes.