Niessuh Outer Grid: rectangle?

Off the top of my head it could be the screen resolution you have set in game. In the Options page there is a Display size drop down which includes "Desktop" and a few other resolutions for example "1024x768". If you have a wide screen monitor and you have a resolution set that is not matched to your monitor's aspect that would explain squares showing up as rectangles.

So if I have a wide screen monitor and I have the 1024x768 resolution set that would cause that kind of a look.

Nice idea. I do have a high resolution screen (1900x1600)

I think that if this were the answer, then everything would be distorted, and which side of the rectangle is the long side would vary depending on which direction I'm looking, right?

Here are som piccies:

CM%20Normandy%202012-06-09%2010-26-54-95.jpg

CM Normandy 2012-06-09 10-27-39-78.jpg

This doesn't look, to me, like it's a scaling thing though? What do you think?

Aris' close grid works fine: that grid is squares...

GaJ

Nice idea. I do have a high resolution screen (1900x1600)

I think that if this were the answer, then everything would be distorted, and which side of the rectangle is the long side would vary depending on which direction I'm looking, right?

<snip>

Aris' close grid works fine: that grid is squares...

GaJ

Well I agree that does not look like a pixel scaling problem due to different aspect rations between the monitor and the display resolution. After looking at your pictures I have no idea what is going on. And if Aris' grid works then that is even more baffling.

Weird I hope someone has an idea to explain this.