PF in SPW 251/3

Someone has to take it with them when they dismount using the acquire command. Generally you'll want to give to infantry, not the crew.

You do raise an interesting question about firing if while mounted. I don't know if the infantry in back can fire it from the vehicle once they've acquired it. I always have the squad fire it dismounted. On the other hand, I've never tired firing it mounted, but I suspect it won't let you do it and that getting within the tiny PF range of an enemy AFV with a halftrack will be interesting, to say the least.

Wouldn't he fire it standing up in the back, so there isn't anything behind him? Probably towards the back of the vehicle or where ever would make sure all the backblast went over the side.

Why would you fire it sitting down in the vehicle? Aside from backblast, you have to stand up to see the target anyway. Firing while sitting down in back there would be bigger problems than backblast, like the fact you probably just fired the PF into your own vehicle as I don't know where else it would go. Unless you fired it straight up in the air.

Wouldn't he fire it standing up in the back, so there isn't anything behind him? Probably towards the back of the vehicle or where ever would make sure all the backblast went over the side.

Why would you fire it sitting down in the vehicle? Aside from backblast, you have to stand up to see the target anyway. Firing while sitting down in back there would be bigger problems than backblast, like the fact you probably just fired the PF into your own vehicle as I don't know where else it would go. Unless you fired it straight up in the air.

you're right. you would have to expose yourself quite a bit to fire a PF in this way. look at the movies firing PF on youtube - you'll see that you need quite an angle to get the range - therefore the risk to hit the vehicle with the blast seems quite large. and being that close to a target (30m with the PF currently available in CMBN) with a SPW is probably deadly anyway for the SPW.

I never said it's practical, but if your standing against one of the sides, so the blast leaves the vehicle, it should be possible with little risk from backblast. And no, I'm not asking that it be included in CM or anything, I'm just pointing out that it can be done. Not that you'd want to.

I don't think you have any control over when your pTruppen will fire their Fausts. They're like Rifle Grenades: the only way you could stop them firing would be to issue "Target Light" commands. They'll fire them when they think it'd be useful and from positions the game rules permit them to. And I think the game rules allow the firing of Panzerfausts from within buildings: I'm sure I saw what must have been a PF resolve a stalemated building-to-building firefight (in the Germans' favour) in the last scenario I finished.