Need help finding some German Division Emblems

Mord

I am getting close to done with the portrait mod and currently cannot find symbols/emblems for the 85th, 182nd, 245th, 271st, and 346th Infantry Divisions. Or for the 5th Fallschirmjagers and 18th Luftwaffe. I have completely exhausted all my sources. I know a lot of you guys are on a bunch of different websites and was wondering if you could help find these?

I'd really hate to get this far and have a few divisions missing. I don't need links to places that may have them I need links to places that do have them or pics or anything of that sort. Any help would be appreciated.

Mord.

Apparently not every division carried distinctive insignia (or at least there exist no records of it) nor has every insignia that has been found on photographs been identified.

Which seems to be the case for most of the above save 5. Fallschirmjäger. Here's what some claim to be the insignia for that division:

5FJD-1.JPG

Sorry I can't help you more but I checked all the places I know that have collected more or less every known insignia. Should I find more, I'll let you know.

I may use it...have to see if anybody comes up with anything different.

I could use an Infantry formation pennant for the missing Heer divisions if no one can find any of the others.

Mord.

Excellent. Please do. I wanna get this finished and released. Barkhorn's waiting on his Heer armor symbols. It'd be great if I only had a few missing at the most, gotta say though, I was pretty lucky it was only a hand full.

Mord.

Actually the last thing you said was...

I'll see if I can find something for 18. Luftwaffe, maybe I can turn up some more sources.

But...oh, well. I used a Infantry pennant for a generic but couldn't find a generic Luftwaffe FD pennant...the Luft pennants were all for Goering or Air.

Mord.

What I meant was "would have told you hd I found something else" - sorry for the confusion.

No worries. I'm cool. And it is quite an elusive symbol that Luft 18!

But how about something like the following for 18. LWD (I'm referring to the flag in the lower right):

luwa-general.jpg

Not perfect, but better than nothing.

Pic isn't showing.

There's an Osprey book on the Luft FDs I wonder if it might be in there? I looked on Amazon and they had a sample page that had a couple division symbols.

Mord.

And the link doesn't work either? That's odd... Maybe it's blocked on your side for some reason? Will see if I can find another one just in case.

by the way: I've managed to find vol.1 of said book, but guess what: all those divisions aren't in there. So we might indeed need vol.4 after all...

I'll tell you what...if those books are as comprehensive as I am hoping I am gonna make it my life's mission to get my hands on them! Even if I can't read German. They sound like a modder's dream.

And yeah, the pic just says hosted by tripod...

Mord.

Well... They not only list every known (or at least attributed) insignia of more or less EVERY unit there was in the Wehrmacht including staffs, schools , administrations and what not, they also give you a quick unit history. Only drop of bitterness: black&white only, so you'll have to figure out how exactly the insignia looked by yourself although there's a kind of color guide at the end of vol.1.

They're not too hard to find either and around $80 per volume, so it won't be impossible to get them. And there are people around speaking both your language and German (like me) which can help yout ranslate should the need arise.

HOLY CRAP! I just peed!

Do they have symbols for smaller formations like Stug brigades and heavy panzer brigades?

The black and white's not so bad 'cause it can be colored easily or can just used as the design ( as in all German stuff done in BW). Way minor niggle compared to the amount of info!

Mord.

OH, man! These books are awesome!

Be really cool if they did a PDF or an ebook version. Well, I'll have something to work towards. In the mean time, hopefully Mehlsack's contacts will come through.

Mord.