group commands>> any plan to help manage large troops?

The game is perfect up to company size. However I find it really impractical to play for larger troops. Are there plan for groups commands like:

( for all selected unit )

->Deploy along this line.( can be used to regroup in 1 spot)

->Follow this particular unit.

People have been asking for a follow unit command forever. I'm not holding my breath on that one.

->Deploy along this line.

I don't know about that, but there are have been hints that adjustable waypoints a la CMx1 may be returning in a future product, which would make group movement orders vastly more useful.

Interesting suggestions. What you *can* do now is select the entire company and give move orders to it. Once you have the entire unit selected pay attention to which icon is flashing because it is the one you are plotting the move orders for. Plot your series of move orders where you would like that unit to go and all the rest of the selected units will plot parallel moves.

I have done this with platoon sized units often and company sized units rarely never with more than that but the game does not care how many units there are.

It helps especially during setup.

Agree but one issue with the current "all move in parallel", is that if the forces structure starts as a big blob, it also arrives as a big blob... I am waitng for CM5x where it will be possible to

select platoon 1> deploy from this .click. to this .nextClick.

select platoon 2 > deploy from this .click. to this .nextClick.

etc...

Note: If .click. and .nextClick. are next to each other, it is just equivalent to "go there and regroup".

The TacAI (i.e. the unit logic that tells it to ignore or modify your orders) has improved a bit since CMSF, but probably needs some further improvement before formation orders become truly useful, especially for infantry. In a sparse-cover desert battlespace, simple parallel movement paths work for armour; for infantry dashing from wall to hedgerow, not so well. It tends to come off like WWI. You can simulate skirmish lines or leapfrog tactics, but it's extremely time-consuming.

Interesting suggestions. What you *can* do now is select the entire company and give move orders to it. Once you have the entire unit selected pay attention to which icon is flashing because it is the one you are plotting the move orders for. Plot your series of move orders where you would like that unit to go and all the rest of the selected units will plot parallel moves.

I have done this with platoon sized units often and company sized units rarely never with more than that but the game does not care how many units there are.

It helps especially during setup.

Ive dont this with platoon sized forces when bounding several companies forward. Its especially useful when all your squads in that platoon are split.