1st impression... WOW, great job...

As I said over at SimHQ, in a screenshot thread from my first mission... first impressions make this a big winner... very well done and a great price (Battle Academy was 20 bucks and not as well done, IMO).

Sure it's not going to be as deep as the classics, but best app/game on my iPad3... and with my Apple TV, I can mirror it onto my HD Big Screen and play... very nice.

Thx.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3549288/Combat_Mission_Touch_screens.html#Post3549288

I think CMT cannot be compare to Battle Academy, because BA is much longer gameplay with huge tons of missions. Also it's a minimized, simlified wargame on tiles, not a continous terrian and calculated hits as CMT. What BA is for, it's perfect. And CMT is the best for iPad in its own category. Only thing what I miss, the editor. It could be perfect if we get an editor on PC and syncronize the missions up to the iPad. (For BA there is editor on PC and if the publisher's quality check pass, you can download your mission to your iPad too)

Battle Academy is as you say different then CM:T. Tis yet to be seen what both games will become with proper support over the long haul.

BA has the early lead more scenarios, more campaigns, more paid DLC, more free DLC.

Course having a PC editor with Company checked User made Downloadable Ipad scenarios right out of the box explains this early lead.

Oh did I mention BA also has a Downloadable .pdf of it's manual with an online Ipad specific manual for the few changes that there are?

So, again yes they are different and both will be sitting on my Ipad for along time.

Thank you to both of you, BFC and Slitherine for seeing the potential of the Ipad iOS platform as deserving of serious games.

Beakie

• 2 weeks later...

I just updated to 1.1 and it is a world of difference to me. Whatever you guys did, it did the trick! I just played a quick Panzer Ace, and orders went much quicker and smoother now that I can move about more easily. Really, guys, OUTSTANDING.

In regards to BA . . . I'm turned off by the childish graphics as well as the price. Maybe it's deeper and has more material and I'm missing something. I'm not too worried that CM:T won't have more scenarios and features soon. There's plenty of space for a few more dog tags on the first screen.