QB H2H Setup Reverse Bug Is Back

The QB H2H Setup Reverse Bug Is Back. It happens when The "Review Map" function is used while in the QB Unit selection screen. This had been reported and fixed in V1.01 Unfortunately it appears broken now. I have already reported this to BFC. My thanks to Pete for bring this to my attention.

SO HOW CAN YOU AVOID THIS BUG?

Do not use the "Review Map" Function while selecting your troops. If you absolutely must see the map Open it up in the game editor instead.

Hmmmm thats strange, ive played/playing about 15 or so now, both wego and vs AI and havent noticed it!

Or at least my human oppo hasn't told me that he started behind me!!! :D

And yes i do review the map to work out my tactics prior to selecting my troops.:o

Im only using small maps though , maybe that's a reason?

Hmmmm thats strange, ive played/playing about 15 or so now, both wego and vs AI and havent noticed it!

Or at least my human oppo hasn't told me that he started behind me!!! :D

And yes i do review the map to work out my tactics prior to selecting my troops.:o

Im only using small maps though , maybe that's a reason?

This occurs in PBEM games.

Sorry i was under the impression that you were interested in that particular problem, that's why you posted?

But i see now you were just letting us know about that potential bug.

Many thanks for that.

You're welcome. it's all part of the service ;)

• 2 months later...

It's happening to me in my first ever H2H game.

I set up a game (1.10, base game, no mods), with me as the German attacker and a random map. I sent the file to my opponent who did whatever it is you have to do when you first receive a game setup file, and sent it back to me.

The first time I got the force selection screen I previewed the map and it worked okay once I'd finished picking, but I didn't like my force selection, so I junked it, went back to the save file, corrected my error (without previewing the map; I knew what was in store for me), and when I clicked oaky, my forces were deployed in the defender's setup zone. They were right at the closest point in that zone to my "friendly" map edge, and facing the VL so the game knew which way I should be pointing.

I tried half a dozen times to create my force and deploy it, sometimes previewing the map and sometimes not, in case it was some sort of random/arbitrtrary blip, but had no joy.

We have since tried again, with me starting a new game, with a user-selected map, to guarantee not getting the same one we'd been having trouble with. This time I didn't preview the map before entering the deployment phase, and it was arsey-versy the very first time, only the attacking troops were set up at the "friendly map edge" side of the defender's VL, facing away from the VL. I tried one more time from the returned game setup file, and that failed too.

Any suggestions? Would the defender setting up the game make any difference?

It was allowed, but, for the second setup I didn't use it. The first time I used it, and the troops were plonked down in the correct position and orientation; if only I'd been happy with my pick.

Still, I'm getting faster at picking the force I want...