Editor: Tips about Battles & Campaigns needed

While the Breach Team was written off since I do not have one spare AI Group, I've found another puzzle to try solving: I have a Mech Company moving on their HTs to an assigned position where they should dismount and start to move on assaulting the enemy, but the HT keep on following the group, while also a few units failed to dismount and keep on staying inside the HTs.

I've tried also with the Max Assault order, but it makes no difference; the subsequent orders to the Group is Passengers Dismount but this would not stop the machines to keep following their passengers, just to be blown to pieces.

Don't tell me I need to assign the HTs to another AI Group, since I don't have any free for them.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GVT

Sorry but as far as I'm aware there is no way to stop the halftracks following the AI plan once their passengers have dismounted. (They follow the plan, what else can they do)

It's either that or an additional AI group, which as you say you don't have spare.

Welcome to the world of scenario design :)

P

Thanks Pete: I would have presumed that a dismounted HT with just the driver (none is manning the mounted MG) would be part of the Tac AI; if that is not possible, at least it should have a two men crew, so that even if following the dismounted infantry, at least can give supporting fire with the MG, or defend itself... I vote for this to be fixed!

;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now trying to find unsuccessfully useful information on the Campaign Script: first of all is it possible to have a selectable side (blue/red) option enabled or you can only have a separate Campaign for each one?

I've read that someone had a problem in playing a Campaign H2H pbemail/IPdirect: are there any lines one has to write in the script to have them enabled and operative once you set the HUMAN_OPPONENT_ALLOWED to yes?

Any other clue I should be aware of before trying compile the script?

TIA

Compiling? I'm far too optimistic!

I prepared the Campaign TXT and placed all the single battle files in the same directory; I enter the Editor and load the Core Unit btt; select Make Campaign and after the instruction popup I select the script.

No Errors are given, but nothing at all happens!

Is there any way to detect if the Campaign is actually compiling?

No file appears in the battles/script dir...

I'm baffled!

PS: is there any limit to the number of words that are allowed for VICTORY/DEFEAT texts?

Don't tell me I need to assign the HTs to another AI Group, since I don't have any free for them.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Sadly yes, the HTs need to be in a different AI group.

and apart from that their is no way to solve the problem :) sorry.