mac OS X demo

Good day everyone. This is my first post on the site. For years now, I have been trying to download the COmbat Mission games only to find that my mac doe snot support them. Yes, I have been downloading the correct version of the games but still having issues.

Let me take CM: Beyond Overlord for example. I seem to meet all requirements except for the game sprockets which I understand doe snot work or is not available for a Mac OS X as CM: Normandy requires a 10.6+ as I have a 10.4.11. Any tips, suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Mac OS X 10.6 and higher is required for Normandy to work, it won't work on 10.4.11. You'll have to upgrade your OS, sorry.

CMBO and pre-CMBN games do not work on OS X at all. They only work on OS 9+

Some people have made them work in Bootcamp I believe.

Martin

I see. Well, I now have a new one for you guys. This one is for CM: Afrika Korp and CM: Barbarossa to Berlin. I downloaded both versions to work under an emac with both a 10.4.11 AND 9.2. I can't remember what video card is in it but it has a problem mentioned in the trouble shooting guide that comes with the demo but the problem persisted. The load screen seems a bit weird and when it fully loads, nothing happens. So I hide the game and bring it up. I see some things but they seem so distorted. I have captured some screenshots but since am typing this on a laptop, I will have to upload them later. I really want to play these games but it seems my old nemesis for many a year, the graphic card, is still haunting me. Even after three different computers. So, what do you guys recommend I use?

Oh, the Emac is a Power PC or something like that. We got it to we can use an art program that works well. Our newer mac is due to be upgraded to the 10.7 and memory chips to be added. What do I need to ensure a first time successful download and gameplay of Normandy and what should I do with the duel 10.4.11 and 9.2?

Which model eMac do you have ? The earliest ones available to non-education consumers were 700 or 800MHz G4's and had a Geforce 2 MX with 32MB of VRAM. Later models were 800MHz or 1GHz G4's with a Radeon 7500 and 32MB of VRAM.

With Apple the drivers were mostly available only through them, though ATI did have some 'retail' video cards and drivers to support them. I'm not sure if any of those 'retail' updates would work with any video cards that Apple provided (rather than 'ATI retail aftermarket' video cards). If they do, then you may want to download and try these updates:

ATI OS 9.x drivers

You will want to try the ATI OS 9 Mac Software Update January 2005 near the bottom of the list. I don't know if it will specifically support the ATI Radeon 7500 you might have.

This lists the November 2002 update for Radeons. Which would most likely work, if you're not already running this (since the eMacs came out around the time of this release).

For an Nvidia-based eMac, it appears that the Nvidia 3.0 v. 1.1 update is the latest driver for OS 9.2.2. You may already have this if you have an Nvidia video card.

I believe either eMac model came with OS 9.2.2, so you should be up-to-date in that regard.

What is the specific problem that the Troubleshooting Guide mentions ? In the manual most of the issues mentioned are in regards to the PC/Windows version. I'm not familiar what the readme/guide in the Mac Demo may say though.

For CMBN, I recommend making sure that you're fully updated (if that is all the way up to 10.7.3) and have your memory installed BEFORE installing CMBN. If you are purchasing just CMBN by itself, then once installed, update to 1.01B patch BEFORE attempting to activate the license key. If you purchase the bundle (CMBN + Commonwealth), then you do NOT need to apply the 1.01B patch, since CMBN will be up to version 1.10.

PowerPC G4

Powermac 6,4

chipset: ATY,RV280

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Display Type: CRT

I do have another imac that is currently a 10.4.11 but is scheduled to have both chips upgraded to 1 gigabyte each and the OS upgraded to a 10.7. I was thinking of getting the video card upgraded as well so I can play ... Company of Heroes available this month. Of course, the Combat Mission series seems more appealing to me.

I do play another game on the emac called Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and have been having some graphic issues that seem almost similar to the problems of the 2 CM game demoes I have on here. It looks like the same problem with our first mac, the tangerine mac is still plaguing me. Those cursed graphic cards. But I will try your suggestions and thanks.

As for the manual, I've gone to the part with the radeon chip that says the screen goes black but sound is still going on. I collapsed and brought it back up which worked partially. Let me throw up some images if I can so you all can see what I am dealing with here.

There were some kind of unofficial text patch that cured/worked around that

Might have it somewhere on my idisk - edit no I'm on the icloud so that's been wiped

edit here you go

http://www.theblitz.org/message_boards/showthread.php?tid=48888

Remember to back up your bmp data folders

If that doesn't work then years back I collected for optimum OS9.2.2 ATI mac suff ati_OS9_drivers.sit but I've wiped it off my local HDs but it might be located on a ye olde CD somewhere

There was IIRC an extremely rare ATI driver patch IIRC release purpose built for Combat Mission for the G4 mac ATI_Rave_Hotfix

Some of the stuff is here if you hunt through

http://gona.atw.hu/ATI_Mac

I must thank everyone for their help but it's been all for naught. I witnessed for the first time the screen saver and it looked discolored. I believe the video card is somehow damaged and is not allowing complex things to happen. I will try other commands to work around it like resolutions and screen sizes but I think it probably won't work.

If the card is somehow damaged or corrupted, is it replaceable and is this also true for an imac made in late 2006?

late 2006 imac PowerPC or intel? (About This Mac) Not easy to replace the card unlike the tower models.

An old G4 with an ATI radeon 32mb card was the optimum mac for CM1 and we got fog!

Or get a later intel mac with bootcamp and windows, and get PC versions of CM1.

I must thank everyone for their help but it's been all for naught. I witnessed for the first time the screen saver and it looked discolored. I believe the video card is somehow damaged and is not allowing complex things to happen. I will try other commands to work around it like resolutions and screen sizes but I think it probably won't work.

If the card is somehow damaged or corrupted, is it replaceable and is this also true for an imac made in late 2006?