Entrenchment facing. The truth!

"Sorry for the spelling errors in post # 1

I was tired and used my small iPhone in bed.

So it's:

Entrenchment facing is not important.

Also I found:

Entrenchment facing is important.

So what's the truth now?

Thread "Trench Facing" by UFC Addict, post #3

Originally Posted by Hubert Cater

You know I have to admit that with the recent changes regarding trenches I wanted to do a double check and I did find one issue and perhaps this is the one you've noticed.

Trenches on resources do provide maximum defensive bonuses regardless of facing and this is now corrected on my end... but it should be fine in all other cases.

One other thing I noticed with this is that the defensive bonus information is not showing up properly for the estimated combat odds display and I've corrected this as well.

and post #5

I'd say it is more probably for aesthetic reasons to use a 1 sided trench, i.e. depending on how you would like the trench lines to flow but since most players just automatically go to 2 sided trenches it has been suggested that this become the default and we have changed it to this for the first patch.

vs.

Thread: Question about trench fronts by lettowvorbeck, post #3

Originally Posted by Bill101

That's correct, but being entrenched itself also gives you some protection.

Nevertheless, if attacked in the rear then you won't benefit from the extra bonuses to your combat factor that the existence of the trench provides. So, if the enemy start to breakthrough and outflank you, you may need to change your facing, retire, or go boldly into a counterattack!

• 1 year later...
Trench facing is important :)

I bump up this thread again.

For a long time now I wondering:

There is a one-sided entrenchment and

there is a two-sided ("L"-shape) entrechment.

Now, when the facing is important, shouldn't then logically not also exist a three-sided ("U"-shaped) entrenchment? :confused:

It happens sometimes that a unit is surrounded on three sides (i. e. Town, city).

I bump up this thread again.

For a long time now I wondering:

There is a one-sided entrenchment and

there is a two-sided ("L"-shape) entrechment.

Now, when the facing is important, shouldn't then logically not also exist a three-sided ("U"-shaped) entrenchment? :confused:

It happens sometimes that a unit is surrounded on three sides (i. e. Town, city).

There are two things to entrenchment. You get the extra defense while being entranched(based on the amount of tech you have in trench warfare) no matter what direction the trench is facing. But you ALSO get an extra boon if the enemy is attacking directly over one of your trenches(25% less damage or something like that).

Or at least that is how I believe it is meant to work

The reason that 1 sides exists is if you wish to draw a trench line without it being used against you when the enemy captures it(though i barly ever use 1 side as even with 2 sides this barly ever happens to be the case). The reason 3 sides don't exists is because it be OP.