New file at the Repository: CAMPAIGN TEASER: Le Bois du Parc Roadblock (2012-02-19)

This was to be the first scenario of my upcoming German campaign "All or Nothing" set around the Mortain counteroffensive. Further reading into the topic has revealed me, that the place of this little engagement was actually somewhere else, so this scenario won't be in the finished campaign in its recent form. Since it has long been finished I thought I'd release it anyways, as some sort of teaser. You take command of a platoon of Panzer-Grenadiers and two Panthers. Your goal is to wipe out an American roadblock blocking the Path to the village of Saint-Barthelemy. Your force is part of the southern attack column of the 2nd Panzer Division.

More...

This is a fun, small scenario with a lot of tactical nuances. The fact that it is a night fight makes it particularly interesting. I recommend improving the scenario by giving the Germans a couple of scout teams and a breach team to help with the force blance. Most importantly, make the scenario a full hour in length because there is simply not enough time to clear the final roadblock without being reckless.

Thanks for your opinion. Its been a while since I finished it, but IIRC there is at least one hole in every hedge, so breach teams would increase freedom of movement even more, which I reckon would make things to easy. A scout team might be an option though.

I agree on your comment on the time limit though, I really don't like having to hurry in a mission myself.

Interestingly the real action only took 10 minutes ;)

wasn't a real battle though, Panthers knock out ATG(s), GIs retreat, thats how it really was.

Here some pictures of the Saint-Barthélemy map nearing completion. Still needs Leibstandarte Panthers and Grenadiers, though

CMNormandy2012-02-2617-29-03-44.jpg

CMNormandy2012-02-2617-29-38-51.jpg

Must be your monitor settigs, I can see everything perfectly clear. BTW the time is 0600 with light fog (no heavy fog unfortunately).

Personally I'm no big fan of night battles either, but I do prefer making "historical" scenarios. And historically the attack on St-Bart happened on August 7 at 0600 in heavy fog.

But the core of the problem is IMHO that BF didn't include more sophisticated settings for graphics (and sounds!) with the game, something I hope they will do in the future.