Is this program still being supported?

Hans

Hi Hans, I am a player in Austin Tx and I also wonder if this is still supported. We are having a problem starting new games. I create a PBEM game, then send the game code to my friend, but when he enters the game code the game does not start for him.

We would like to find other PBEM players. That is, only if the game can be fixed!

I believe the developer of the game has abandoned it at this point. There just wasn't enough sales to make a living on and he had to move forward with other employment to make a living. He did release patches quite a few months ago, which was quite generous of him considering there wasn't really any compensation for that work.

The game is pretty much in its final state and no further improvements are expected. I can't recall if the developer actually released some of the code and a .DLL to allow people to tinker with the AI (on a programming level) or not. This was one of the final things he was considering doing if he could find the time.

I'm unsure of the PBEM functionality. It seems to generate a file and claim to download it (for the second player), but I never see the game actually load up at this point.

I just wanted to post an update to this. Recently, my webhost moved me to a new server and (unbeknownst to me) it had the side-effect of breaking my gmail access to the bugreport emails. This means I haven't seen any of the bug reports sent in the last few weeks. I've fixed the problem now. I'll respond tonight to all the emails.