More spotting madness

Ok, found the turns and took more shots.

1st pic is the view from the Schreck man the turn before with trees on. Tank is not obscured at all, but he can't see it ( I've deselected him in order to show it ).

Note also, burning PzIV providing light source ;) Also not shown, covered arc from building corner to tree trunk on right of tank.

2nd pic is his view at the end of the following turn. He's crawled forward a tad and the 2nd tank has come into view - he's just raised his schreck in the last second of the turn as he sees the 2nd tank.

spotm1.jpgspotm2.jpg

Here's a closeup of the 2 tanks ( camera moved directly forward from his location ). As you can see, about half of the visible tank is obscured by the invisible one and the part of the invisible tank that IS obscured by foliage is the nose, NOT the part covering the visible one.

spotm2detail.jpg

So either my guy is aiming at the rear 3rd of the enemy tank because the rest of it is hidden by .... nothing he can see, or he's aiming at all of it because he can't see anything in the way... either way, I still feel that vehicles are a little too easily "not seen" - it's big, it's noisy, hell, it's fired about 6 rounds of HE in the last minute...

Baneman,

Good screenies. This is an issue of which BF.C is aware. It is frustrating when it happens. It breaks immersion. Thanks for digging into your files; the more examples of this that are found, the easier the troubleshooting is. If you have the savegames (which I assume you do because you posted these screenshots), please hold onto them. I'll forward this to BF.C as an example of this issue. They may want to look at the files.

Thanks,

Ken

Ken

Ok, found the turns and took more shots.

So either my guy is aiming at the rear 3rd of the enemy tank because the rest of it is hidden by .... nothing he can see, or he's aiming at all of it because he can't see anything in the way... either way, I still feel that vehicles are a little too easily "not seen" - it's big, it's noisy, hell, it's fired about 6 rounds of HE in the last minute...

Don't forget that armored vehicles cannot block LOS in CMBN. So, whether the closer tank is seen or unseen, your schrek will have a clear chance to spot the other tank (as if the 1st tank doesn't exist).

Another thing I noticed from your screen shots and descriptions is that your schrek is crawling in brush which severely limits LOS even in daytime, especially when prone. The brush, as shown by CMBN, is in my opinion under drawn. i.e., the shrubs are way to small and puny compared to the actual LOS that they tend to block.