QB selection bug, or something else?

Here's the problem ....

My on-line playing partner and I have been using QB's, primarily meeting engagements. They've worked fine. We also did a Probe QB and it worked fine.

In the last few setups, we've been trying to get "assault" and "attack" QB's setup between us, but we seem to be having exactly the same problem of ending up on the wrong side, regardless of whether he creates a QB or I do. :confused:

What I mean is ...

He creates a QB selecting "assault" and setting the Germans as "attackers" and Allies as "defenders". He sends me the QB and I load it. It shows me as Germans and as "attacker", so I do a map preview, but it has my setup area with the objective "green area" enclosed within it. :eek:

Obviously, the objective "green area" shouldn't be within "attacker" side setup zone, so why is this happening?

I've also created an "assault" QB and set Germans as "attackers" and Allies as "defenders", but when gets it to setup, he sees the same problem?

Are we missing something obvious, or is there a hidden bug that we're not aware of? :P

Any feedback would be welcome ... :)

Regards,

Doug

Yes; there is a known (but somewhat rare) bug that happens specifically with Mac-to-PC QBs where the setup zones get reversed. I volunteered to do some testing a while back to help nail down this bug. Unfortunately I don't remember much in the way of details and my home computer hard drive experienced a catastrophic failure a couple of days ago (currently awaiting a replacement), so I can't look up any of the testing information that I might still have saved.

I am sure that BFC is aware of the issue; my guess is that they have at least attempted to fix it for the next patch.

If you look around in the tech support forum, IIRC there was a thread that discussed the issue in more detail.

I am sure that BFC is aware of the issue; my guess is that they have at least attempted to fix it for the next patch.

Yes...

In the mean time try this work around fix: Do not allow/use the "Preview Map" function. You can always go into the editor/QB Map files and look at the map before agreeing to use it for a PBEM

Yes...

In the mean time try this work around fix: Do not allow/use the "Preview Map" function. You can always go into the editor/QB Map files and look at the map before agreeing to use it for a PBEM

Thanks, will try that .. :)

Hope BFC fixes it in the next release ... What a pain in the a$$... :D

Regards,

Doug

I have had exactly the same bug playing a QB solo against the computer, so I don’t think it is specific to cross-platform games.

Yup... I just tested it with a QB "Meeting" match against the computer and it dumps both sides on top of each other outside the setup zone for either. :P

I don't think it has anything to do with different computing platforms.

Regards,

Doug

This, too was discovered. Also one QB Map was made improperly (yes...shame on me) Hopefully the next patch will fix this issue.

Thanks ... :)

Pretty well makes playing QB's useless...

How is everyone dealing with this bug? Seems like a major issue that hasn't got much coverage, so there must be a something I'm not understanding? :confused:

Regards,

Doug

Thanks ... :)

Pretty well makes playing QB's useless...

How is everyone dealing with this bug? Seems like a major issue that hasn't got much coverage, so there must be a something I'm not understanding? :confused:

Regards,

Doug

This got plenty of attention and I considered it a major issue, and it has been addressed in the up coming patch.

• 1 month later...

This is NOT a Mac-to-PC bug. It effects PC-to-PC games as well. And we worked on it with this patch. However there could still be issues.

Please let us know if it continues with 1.10, specifically PBEM games STARTED with 1.10.

Edit: Also, this comes up very rarely. I wouldn't say it "makes QBs useless" at all.