Here're some questions that might be hard to explain:

If I play a battle, at the end can I put all the turn-movies into one big file, so that the battle can be played start to finish without having to keep clicking the "load turn movie" (or whatever)?

If the first answer is "yes," can the camera angle be changed while the whole-battle movie is being played? That way I can show my friends and say "watch this tank die" and then "now watch what this group of infantry did when the tank died."

DjB

I believe that as it is right now, there won't be a movie-saver from start, but i believe they are working on it.

As for the camera angles. Judging from the pbem-game and movies it's possible to rotate the camera. Don't know if it's handy during play though since yer screen is full of panzers...flames..infantery. I'm affraid the fps will drop to zero.

Anybody..do correct when i'm wrong

PanzerShark

Wrong smile.gif

During the replay, you can move freely across the battlefield, pan and zoom, move up and down as you wish. You can also pause the action, rewind, fast forward... anything. Also, you can click on units during the replay to get some info about them ("how many guys died from this hit?") and all that. Unless there is REALLY a lot of action on the screen, FPS rates are very good and constant.

Believe me - the first time you play the game, you're going to review each turn a gazillion times. I did that - now I'm down to 10-20 times

Martin

[This message has been edited by Moon (edited 09-17-99).]

I go for important areas first on level 2 or 3 (2 is a view from the level of a 2nd story building.. 3 is a bit higher)...

Of course, if I hear the sickening metallic thunk of a tank being hit by an AP shell then I pan around and check out what happened to that. It's just too compelling not to see.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Big Time Software

Martin's Dutch Squeeze would like to hear that PanzerShark smile.gif

We have rulled out a single file for playing back your game. Instead we are pretty sure we can get in something where you can watch one turn right after another, but there will be pauses for loading inbetween. The technical problems associated with reading one large file were, frankly, frightening wink.gif

Steve

Would the play back files be useful over in the AAR thread. I'm wondering if it would be possible to post a turn for playback with an AAR. It would certainly be better than a couple of static screen shots and over all the size would be much smaller.

Robert

Guest Big Time Software

Actually, it would be cool to post your turns as part of an AAR. As Fionn says you would HAVE to have the game to see them, but who is going to want to read the AARs and NOT play the game wink.gif

Steve

Ahem..

Remember my beta demo idea? wink.gif

BTW with the release version and any AARs that come in I'd be willing to host all the turn files at TGN for download if there is demand for that.

Might even be an interesting way for people to really learn.. Actually WATCHING another player doing everything right when defeating an enemy force is a powerful teaching tool.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers