Got an iMAC for Christmas, and am having problems.

Hello all,

I bought the steelbook game for the PC when it was released and have had no problems. This Christmas I got an iMAC, so of course had to immediately buy the game for the MAC. I mean, you never know what computer I am going to need to use, right?

I downloaded the game and the 1.01b patch, and that seemed to go fine. However, when I try and start the game, I get nothing but a dark, dead screen. I eventually have to force close.

I have been a PC user my whole life, so I am hoping i just don't know what I am doing. Does anyone know what I can do to fix the problem. I would really like to run this on my shiny new iMAC (I definitely have the requirements taken care of). Help! Oh, and I am running LION.

Thanks much,

Mark

Well done on the new mac - You might want to post your problem on the CMBN tech support forum, and add precisely what Mac it is you have - screen size and video card, memory etc (Apple top icon top left > About this Mac > More info )

or open up a help desk request

Christmas Mini / CMBN for Mac here as well.

Nothing special about the install or patching that I recall.

Mid 2011

Mac OS X Version 10.7.2

2.5 GHz i5

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB

No issues with the install, or playing *most* battles (does barf on the 'School of Hard Knocks' in a campaign).

In game settings:

Sound: On

Display: 1920 x 1080

Vertical Sync: Off

3D Model Quality: Balanced

3D Texture QualitY: Balanced

Antialias: Off

High Priority: Off

ATI Left-click: On

Christmas Mini / CMBN for Mac here as well.

Nothing special about the install or patching that I recall.

Mid 2011

Mac OS X Version 10.7.2

2.5 GHz i5

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB

No issues with the install, or playing *most* battles (does barf on the 'School of Hard Knocks' in a campaign).

In game settings:

Sound: On

Display: 1920 x 1080

Vertical Sync: Off

3D Model Quality: Balanced

3D Texture QualitY: Balanced

Antialias: Off

High Priority: Off

ATI Left-click: On

Change vertical sync to ON and high priority also. Game runs better that way. ;)

Michael E.'s right -

Phil supplied a patch pretty quickly after Lion was put out (and after the patch you loaded I think) to those of us who went with Lion on day one of availability as many games to include CMBN had to get patched for compatibility with Lion. Since that initial patch I am running game under Lion with no problems. Great support from Phil I might add as my complaining, stupid jerk post was met with rapid response and support as well as more politeness than I deserved.

a michael who isn't right often