Force selection: How to purchase infantry?

Until now I've mostly been relying upon Suggestions when choosing my forces for a quick battle. But I'm starting a new game and want to tweak my purchase a bit. I've run into something that seems like it should be dead simple, but I cannot seem to figure it out.

When you begin the process of force selection for a QB you see infantry options on the left (Panzergrenadier Battalion, Grenadier Battalion, etc) and an empty box on the right for purchased troops (currently empty since nothing has yet been purchased).

Screen%252520Shot%2525202011-12-26%252520at%252520December%25252026%25252C%2525209.01.19%252520PM.jpg

Let's say, for instance, that I want to purchase two or three tanks, then use my remaining points for infantry, artillery, etc. So, I click on "Armor Only".

Screen%252520Shot%2525202011-12-26%252520at%252520December%25252026%25252C%2525209.01.49%252520PM.jpg

So, I buy a tank battalion and then delete units until I have one HQ tank and a couple of subordinates, saving the rest of my points for infantry and such. Once I've clicked on "Armor Only", how the heck am I supposed to get back to infantry selection? There's no button for infantry. You can't de-select the Armor Only button. Clicking anywhere else on the screen doesn't take you back to the default view.

Am I missing something here?

theres is nothing wrong with your game but it seems that you have selected a armor only battle in the first selection sreen of quick battles. you have to choose mixed forces to select armor and infantry etc !

1. Click on "Quick battle"

2. Make your choices regarding the battle

3. In the same battle options screen you can make choices for attacker and defender... there you should choose under "combat force": mix

4. make sure you choose under "unit Purchase": human; so that you can buy the forces

5. Click on "Ok" and buy your forces as usual

now infantry and mechanized infantry units should be visible too.

I have a totally different problem regarding force selection. As the US, other than by using a suggestion, I can not seem to get anything smaller than a full inf battalion, there seems to be no option to remove company's/ platoons etc. Why cant I just ask for a bloody inf company not a battalion. Using the suggestion option I can get a reduced battalion but I dont know what has been taken from it (usually most of the rifle platoons). Is there something wrong with my game or am i being an ubertard?

It's a little bit complicated, but there is a reason for it being the way it is.

In order to get just a company:

* Select the Battalion containing the company that you want, it will appear on your "Activated Troops" column

* Expand the battalion to show the subordinate companies.

* Delete the next level units that you don't want. either select and press backspace or use the "Delete" button in the GUI

* Delete the Battalion HQ, assuming that you don't want it.

Voila! One single company

Now the reason this is the way it is, is to preserve the Command and Control links between different levels. (battalion, companies, platoons, sections and so on).

What is your screen resolution? The minimum vertical resolution is 768 pixels, if your screen is smaller than that (eg. a laptop) then it might not be enough for the game to display all elements.

My screen is running at 1280x720 resolution (720p). I don't think that's the problem since there's plenty of room there to display more buttons (note that the "German Army" icon is cut off to make room for the buttons)

theres is nothing wrong with your game but it seems that you have selected a armor only battle in the first selection sreen of quick battles. you have to choose mixed forces to select armor and infantry etc !

This is not an armor only battle. The first screen where I select game parameters is "Combat Force: Mix". Not only that, but when I click suggestions I am given infantry, and as long as I don't click one of the buttons the default that I see is all infantry forces.

It's a little bit complicated, but there is a reason for it being the way it is.

In order to get just a company:

* Select the Battalion containing the company that you want, it will appear on your "Activated Troops" column

* Expand the battalion to show the subordinate companies.

* Delete the next level units that you don't want. either select and press backspace or use the "Delete" button in the GUI

* Delete the Battalion HQ, assuming that you don't want it.

Voila! One single company

Now the reason this is the way it is, is to preserve the Command and Control links between different levels. (battalion, companies, platoons, sections and so on).

I understand the way that the C&C system works, and why you must purchase a whole battalion first. What I don't understand is why I can't select infantry units unless I do it first. I can't decide which units of the battalion I don't want until I know how many points I'm going to chew through buying armor, AT guns, etc.

For what it's worth, this is the latest Mac version.

What is your screen resolution? The minimum vertical resolution is 768 pixels, if your screen is smaller than that (eg. a laptop) then it might not be enough for the game to display all elements.

I did a test and it looks like Sergei was right! I bumped up my screen resolution and suddenly everything is fine.

Screen%252520Shot%2525202011-12-29%252520at%252520December%25252029%25252C%2525202.14.46%252520PM.jpg

That kinda sucks, because 1280x720 is the same resolution as 720p HD broadcasting, which makes it perfect for capturing high-def footage for YouTube. Also, it seems as though there's plenty of room to display the entire UI on a 1280x720 screen, but that there's whitespace pushing actual UI elements off the display area.

I'd like to humbly suggest this be changed in a future patch, since there's no apparent reason for it not to work properly.

Thanks for looking, everyone!