Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMBN soundmap anyone?

ruutana

so does anyone have the whole soundmap available?

Hey, ruutana.

For the most part the sounds are already mapped. Take a look at the actual sound files. Most are pretty self explanatory...they aren't like the ones from CMX1. Here's a couple examples...gun 7 coax, gun 7 lmg, gun 7 bar, bazooka, early panzerfaust, gun mg42, gun pistol, gun rifle, gun smg...pretty simple. Even most of the big guys are self explanatory...gun 88, gun 75, gun 105...so, you shouldn't have much of a problem mixing stuff.

Now, there are a VERY few that aren't so obvious (gun 12 dshk, gun 12 m2 (<---50 cal?) ) ...best thing you can do is make a scenario and load up the teams/vehicles with weapons you aren't confident about, save it as a scenario and then play it like you would a regular battle in WEGO. You don't even need opposing forces...for example just load up some US equipment and play...give area firing orders and away you go. What I do is when I identify the sound I am looking to mod, I save that turn and then go back and forth switching the files in the z folder. Like the other night I was checking gun 7 coax, I saved a turn I had where a Panther was firing the coax and then just kept switching out the different gun 7 coax files from various mods until I found the one I liked. I could go back in, load the saved turn quickly, find the spot where the shooting occurred and just replay and replay without much effort.

Yes that would be useful. We are blessed with wonderful sound mods but am scared to explode the .brz files and cherry pick sounds as in CM1 I ended up making 45mm ATG's sound like 150mm cannon etc. So, one really needs to know what one is doing... :(

Well, you always talk about how much easier it was to mod in CMX1...YET you can't screw up loading sounds in CMX2 (or textures). If you some how made a 45mm ATG sound like a 150mm cannon in CMBN all you do is remove those files from the z folder...and you are back to normal. What's there to be scared about? You don't need to be that savvy to get the gist of the files in CMX2, just be proactive and explore...that's how most of us learned.

Mord.

Yes...but the z folder is idiot proof. As long as you never delete the brz files in the data folder (Normandy v100A.brz, Normandy v100B.brz, and Normandy v101.brz ) you'll never have a problem. Just remember, z folder = temporary...files can only overwrite when they are in there...take them out and your game is back to original install graphics and sound.

I know what you mean when it comes to CMX1 though...there were many times I didn't back up my bmp or wav folders and man, what a PIA when I screwed something up. Was that file 1100 or 110...or 11110? We got it way better now.

Mord.

Yes, the file names tell at most cases what they are, but I am a mac owner, so cannot explode the files and see what is inside them. Well, I have downloaded exploded version of the SFX soundmod (what doesnt work on mac, at least mine) and it replaces most of the sounds so basically the problem is solved that way.