Higgin's Boats - Beach Landings

Ha I just finished playing that for the first time and teaching those invading imperialists what for ! ambush IED's for the win :D great scenario though from both sides.

In regards to higgins boats id be happy with some static models we could place on the waters edge for atmosphere.

Oh a Combat mission:pacific sounds good irronically there tend to be more detailed maps, etc for japanese defences available than for europe ive found. honestly what would it mean? few more tiles, black sand for one and jungle, pacific trees, and bushes, not to mention the OOB for US + allies and japanese forces. oh not to mention a single marine hero character runing around a map with a aircrat cannon on a shoulder strap. ah a girl can dream :D

I finally found someone who took the middle ground. Yes Higgins boats as static objects for atmosphere, with a sea colored endless plain and west sky would have sufficed and been relatively little labour.

For those who said a beach scenario would warrant little play value. Well I created a personal scenario on the Omaha map. Required 3 waves of 1-2 companies recreating landing reinforcements. And sure the first wave gets wiped, but the fun really starts when the third wave arrives and remnants of the second wave are actually moving to the shingle and suppressing the enemy. Easily a 1-1.5 hour scenario that plays out in small scale to a WW2 Normandy beach invasion.

...Not sure about that pacific marine level 12 paladin idea taking on the orcs of Iwo Jima tho:confused:

I finally found someone who took the middle ground. Yes Higgins boats as static objects for atmosphere, with a sea colored endless plain and west sky would have sufficed and been relatively little labour.

I had that thought many a time. Something that would just sit like a flavor object...but then people would be bitching that the guys weren't in the boats, and that the boats didn't move and the ramp didn't drop...and even then if the guys were in the boats and the ramps did drop they'd disappear when they got shot just like they do in bunkers and on half tracks or if they are mid way in bailing from a tank and get hit... So, in the end I can understand avoiding the hornets nest.

I PRAY that they'll figure out a way to keep the casualties from vanishing from vehicles/bunkers one day...

Mord.