Weirdest QB

I was Germans in a random QB, defending against an assault. I was given 12 armored cars and one sniper. I set up some of the cars as far forward as possible, to try and find out what I was facing. First turn I spot 6 Shermans and two M10s, so I pull back and wait, hoping to get flank shots as they come up the only road.

And wait, and wait, and wait. Time runs out. We go into 20 minutes overtime and the game ends. I get a minor tactical victory for holding the key position. Looking at the final map, all of the US armor is huddled at the far end of the map: as far as I can tell it never moved throughout the entire battle.

Obviously the US commander wins the 'chicken of the year' award, but shouldn't the basic plan for an assault pretty much ensure some forward movement by the attackers?

Thanks. I have carefully checked the map for both attkr and defender. Each side has two groups. Attkr groups 1 & 2 is correctly made for all three plans. All time delays are standard for the game (that is to say I didn't screw up and set a plan to start after one hour or something) Also Plans Not Used are properly blocked. So clean map. Most likely your AI Attkr had a global morale problem...but just a guess on my part. Fixing a broken map is always easier than figuring out why a unit decides not to follow the script