Unit Placement Squares & Ground Wobble

I've raised before the issue of ground textures rising up or shifting when a move order is being placed.

I find the issue very distracting and I know others have the same problem.

I think I have finally found the cause. I loaded an old version of CMSF - V1.08 - before the coloured placement indicators were introduced in 1.10. In 1.08 the ground is rock solid, never shifts or wobbles at all. Problems start with 1.10 when the yellow and red coloured placement squares are introduced. The problem is worse in CMBN perhaps because the ground textures are more complex.

So whilst I accept the coloured squares are an aid to game play, allowing you to position units accurately, they do have an unfortunate side effect (on mine and other peoples machines).

So, a plea to BFC - could you please look again at how this is implemented? If possible could you introduce a switch to allow people to turn off the placement squares if they are having problems with them?

Thanks

I get something like that on my machine as well and it is mildly annoying. I find I can live with it, but would be happier to see it gone. Another graphic wonk that I would be happier without is those concentric circles in grass or crops. The moire patterns when viewed at certain angles and distances are also annoying.

Michael