Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

New file at the Repository: Mord's War Ravaged US Faces V.10 (2011-11-12)

The nice thing is, Mord, that one can mix and match faces from the Germans with the US to get the "look" one wants. So, very useful. :)

Actually, not quite sure why you did two separate mods as opposed to "Dirty and Grimy Faces for either US or Germans." Is there some national difference? Also, I noticed that in CM1 we'd have mods that gave troops glasses. Is that possible in CM2?

I did them separately basically because they were separate BMPs for each side. Which is good 'cause then you don't get that clone look like we had in CMBO where all forces shared like 8 faces or something. I could've renamed the German BMPs so that they could be loaded with the US ones and vice versa but then both sides would have all the same faces and there'd be no uniqueness to differentiate the two...the bonus is one could always make more for each side...as it stands there are 16 various faces for the Germs and 15 for the US in the mod, so that seems to be a pretty decent amount of variety for both sides.

One could probably draw glasses on the faces but they probably wouldn't look very good because they'd wrap around the model. It was easier in CMX1 because there wasn't much in the way of facial structure detail.

Mord.