Looking at buying but...

phil stanbridge

Here's one: Centauro provides an additional angle on the combat in North Africa in 1943, and as such is an extension to the Tow 2 Africa 1943 game. Kursk is a completely different theater entirely (east front) and is therefore a completely new game.

hehe thanks for stating the obvious Moon. I guess I walked into that one.. :D

I realise it's a completely different front, and a completely different game as a result, but what I really meant - are the graphics improved or features or anything along those lines in Kursk, apart from perhaps that damage model info?

Regardless, I've just purchased both and am downloading now.. Bang goes my life for a week.

I realise it's a completely different front, and a completely different game as a result, but what I really meant - are the graphics improved or features or anything along those lines in Kursk, apart from perhaps that damage model info?

Well to the best of my knowledge it's got the same graphics, the only major difference in terms of visual is the nice green grass and new vehicles.

As you pointed out the damage model info is new, also mortars (on-map) make an appearance, and we also now have the ability to select an area of fire (when targetting the ground, hold right-click and you can drag to select a wider area).

The only other major feature i can think of is the new way in which points are implemented - You accumulate victory points for destroying enemy units and also (i believe?) accomplishing the tasks your superiors give but as opposed to only being shown at the end of the battle when improving your units abilities, they are now shown in-game and are used for calling artillery/air support and also for reinforcements.

Additionally, when you return to the screen to spend your remaining victory points on improving your units, you can also decide which units receive medals (out of those who earnt it).

I'm not sure if there are others but the manual might mention them.

http://battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_flippingbook&book_id=16&Itemid=394

I think they have a "nice price" for the TOW2 bundle, as well.

For what it's worth, I paid full price for the game and expansion ($70 total) and am very happy I did.

You are basically getting a ton of new campaigns, scenarios, maps, units in a bug-free setting (based on my experience). Kursk will be icing on this cake.

God bless!

I bought TOW Africa as a way of getting practice prior to TOW Kursk. I didn't have high expectations but was very pleasantly surprised with the game. In many respects this plays the same as TOW Kursk and the graphics were surprisingly good.

The whole TOW experience has quirks to it; but once you climb those hurdles it's a great game to play.