Can the AI delcare war self?

Ok I misunderstood as I was thinking about how Italy will DoW the Allies. If the Allies are DoWing Italy then I would take a look for perhaps an Offensive event or Amphibious event where the Allies are staging for an attack against Italy as once the #BUILD_UP phase is completed the engine will automatically handle the DoW.

I should add that if you hit the '~' key it will show you a list of AI plans and you can double check here and see if there is an Allied plan for a city inside Italy as this will create a DoW.

Is it just a generic Allies DoW Italy or UK DoW's Italy? If it is generic then it is likely an event that is causing this and not a scripted AI plan.

Ok I looked at the file and I can see now why I couldn't find it because it was on my end not 'Allies DoW on Italy' but 'Egypt Dow on Italy'. This is why I needed the exact message as I just couldn't see how you would get the message 'Allies DoW on Italy' because it is always a country initiative when it is the AI unless it is a regular event script where someone could use the 'Allies' string instead, but of course that string doesn't exist in the Storm of Steel event files.

Now for your mod, because I don't have the original campaign, it might say something else for 'Egypt' as you might have modded the Egyptian country slot to represent another country etc.

Basically this is an offensive script of some kind kicking off for the Egyptian country slot. I would take a look there and see if there is one for an attack on Tobruk or something similar and you can turn that off if it applies.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

I took another look and my apologies as I can see that the end turn summary does indeed show 'Allies Declare War On Italy' but on the AI turn it was the 'Egypt Declare War On Italy' message instead.

At least this narrows it down and like I mentioned you'll likely have to double check one of the Egyptian OFFENSIVE scripts to see which one is being used for an attack on Italian territory.

Hubert