Again RT only?

Pandur

i have ToW and it was good in what i did at the time, but after some time i was fed up with it, the RT mode just doesnt do it.

is the 3rd installment again RT only? i would be interested in the setting but do not have the nerves to bother with RT...

Yes, the mode of game play did not change from TOW2 : Africa to TOW2: Kursk. As the title implies, it's largely the same base engine at work, albeit with many new features and a whole bunch of improvements, too. So you can play RT (with auto-pauses etc.) as with the previous title, but not turn-based in the classic sense.

What preference someone has obviously is a matter of taste. I am not fond of RT myself, but I find that TOW gives a fairly good balance between real-time action and the ability to pause (or to adjust the game speed) for myself.

Martin

Yes, the mode of game play did not change from TOW2 : Africa to TOW2: Kursk. As the title implies, it's largely the same base engine at work, albeit with many new features and a whole bunch of improvements, too. So you can play RT (with auto-pauses etc.) as with the previous title, but not turn-based in the classic sense.

What preference someone has obviously is a matter of taste. I am not fond of RT myself, but I find that TOW gives a fairly good balance between real-time action and the ability to pause (or to adjust the game speed) for myself.

Martin

So is it pausable then at least also in MP games?

• 2 weeks later...
I guess I'm not opposed to the RTS system as long as measures are taken in the game which puts the emphasis more on strategy rather than micro-management.

with auto-pause, how bad can it really be? Although I havent played it in a long time, the Close Combat series were my favorite games and in my opinion way ahead of its time. I feel that real time with auto-pause is the right direction to go with considering the scope of Kursk. Id say its a single to multiple company-sized force vs another, right?

Martin

by the way, have you ever play John Tillers West & East Front games? Although the graphics are a bit out-dated now, they game is turn based and about the same scal as Theatre of War 2...

with auto-pause, how bad can it really be? Although I havent played it in a long time, the Close Combat series were my favorite games and in my opinion way ahead of its time. I feel that real time with auto-pause is the right direction to go with considering the scope of Kursk. Id say its a single to multiple company-sized force vs another, right?

So are you saying by chance that there is a pause feature during MP games?

Or an adjustable speed during the game?

So are you saying by chance that there is a pause feature during MP games?

Or an adjustable speed during the game?

Im only speculating, but yes it seems like there will be a pause feature during multiplayer combat.

I just took a look at the video posted in ToWKursks website and I am very impressed with the looks of this game.

Have you heard any news about when the release date is? Im reading thats its eaither in a few weeks or the end of March...