El Derjine campaign AAR

Okay, just to let you know I haven't forgotten or blown off this request. I am trying to scan the pics in at work only to find out our system is black and white only(I didn't know scanners were like that). So I have convinced the wife to let me purchase a new scanner/printer/ect this weekend, under the guise that we need to protect all HER family pictures. So I do plan on getting this done ASAP.

On a different note, my pictures didn't get soaking wet it, it just looks like over the years there got to be enough moisture on them to make the pictures stick to the ablum sheets and/or just become unrecognizable smears. I tried freezing them and it didin't really help, but thank you for the try.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SSG Grymm,

No problem, and I made no negative assumptions. Glad to see any pics, but sorry so many of yours weren't recoverable. Did the negs survive? Clever marketing approach on the scanner (prices way down in any case compared to the early ones)! As for what we have now, any chance of getting bigger versions so we can see detail?

Regards,

John Kettler

I go back to my youth is wasted on the young saying when it comes to the negatives. I have no idea where they would be or if they survived my moves and /or storage. I understand there was nothing negative, but I try to do what I say, thats just who I am and I said I'd post pics. I do feel awful that there aren't as many as I remember taking and out of those alot were ruined.

I'll try to work on bigger, I'm sure there is something I can do but still figuring out the scanner and picture thing.

I'm still working on trying to save a few more, but not sure how they will turn out. I'll post them if they aren't too bad.