shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

RadishRabbit

Download is working now!

Thanks to whoever fixed this ;)

Speed @ 460+ kb/s. Being paranoid now, I try a two stage process: first downlad the file to my server in a datacenter (taking advantage of the relatively fast and foremost reliable connection) without using GetRight and it's kind.

When this is finished, about an hour from now, I'll transfer the file to my desktop via FTP.

I like being paranoid.

It's not that I have to, it's only because I am able to ;)

Anyway, there is no way to try the game tonight, my partner would go crazy at me if I'd try!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine in just over an hour.

By the way, I don't really care since I already have mine now, but is it not a tad strange that the game has been out for a couple of hours now, and they still have not sent out the emails?

[ April 19, 2007, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: Avwriter ]

Well, sometimes being paranoid isn't paranoid enough ;)

On my server, the d: drive has som 130GB space left. So I choose a directory on d:.

What I did not had in mind is that my server always saves downloads temporarily on c: ...

Guess what, there were only 1.26GB space left. Now I have a 1.26GB ToW Setup file on my d: drive.

I hate being outsmarted while trying to be smart ;)

Have fun with the game! I will join you tomorrow (MESZ)...

Plaa, crappy thing only gave me 1 GB worth of game and naturally "file is corrupt" error pops up when trying to install.

This whole thing is getting VERY humorous.

Still, I am not laughing.

I used get right, and it did not show any problems with the load. Download ended normally, there just didnt seem to be more.

Oh well, I am off to bed.

Juhhe, clear out any parital files that GetRight might still have as well as any "saved" urls it might have for this file (they wont work) and just try again. You have to go through the http://battlefront.elicense.com/download.asp page again.

I think some of you guys are just trusting your Download Managers to be able to find the file again, but that wont work. We dont permit direct linking to the file so you have to be a little smarter than your DM's and make sure and clear our its "history" so it thinks you are trying to download the file for the first time.

Madmatt

I used Download Express, and on my high speed cable connection got the game and manual in less than an hour, no issues at all.

I set the game parameters based on all the great demo ( I didnt DL that) feedback in here and my PC's abilities, and I have to say the game looks and runs fine so far. Wish I had a week or so off in order to get to know it better, I cant wait to tackle that Normandy Campaign!!!!

Great work BFC....thanks for another fine product.