Creature Zoo 4

poesel

-Too many Sniper teams. Should only be at most five. I think its ten right now.

-Bots can't fire Shoulder ATGM. Dont know what or how to fix that.

-where is the Shrike A? ;)

-the turret traverse rate on the Ariel class is too slow. About 1.5X the current speed would be a good place to start.

-smoke generator for the Ariel'S ???(just thought of that right now as I'm typing. I'll see if it will be an easy mod and report back)

-I agree, less sniper teams,especially since they have a command function as well. Please just a little more juice for the rifle though.

-Bots dont fire sniper rifle either as far as I can tell. I wish the SAM bot would fire his MANPAD at dropships, he would be devestating with it. But firing it as a player is a waste of time. The infantry ATGM missile needs a little more power too. I nailed a Thor 4 times in the rear with no effect. The missile often goes astray or into the dirt as well.

-I think the Thor turret rotation rate is too fast. Shouldn't it be slower and for smaller vehicles faster, especially for 76mm.

-I think the vehicle counts should be reduced over all as well, so that its not always a Thor/Apollo fight.

The "Zoo" is cool - However, I miss the great one, the Paladin quad (Auto) 76mm. Please, bring it back. OK, maybe just two per scenario. I liked it almost as much as the famous Thor 120mm. The Ariel's do need a smoke discharge and also a faster reload time with that 90mm ( or make it a double).... Brutal. Hey - Could you make it a quad 76mm? We need some more deadly vehicles. A Thor with a double 90mm or a quad 90mm just for giggles.

I still am not able to start the infantry assault with APCs. It might be just a useless idea for this game... but, I'd sure like to do it.

RedCon, make the infantry capture buildings. That would make them much more useful. It would bring some Infantry to infantry contact that we all enjoy so much. The cutters are so slow and such a fat target. The crews must be scared to death when they get in that Lumpy thing.

Originally posted by ThePhantom:

RedCon, make the infantry capture buildings. That would make them much more useful. It would bring some Infantry to infantry contact that we all enjoy so much. The cutters are so slow and such a fat target. The crews must be scared to death when they get in that Lumpy thing.

You'll have to dig around the infantry threads (I dont remember which one) but look for Sapper Squads. Any way there will be a Sapper (Engineer) Squad that can capture or blow up buldings but, it has to wait for DT ver1.2.3 there is a code issue that wont let infantry capture. But it is coming.

The Apollo KC-M4 has replaced the Paladin KC-M4 because of play balance issues. The Apollo is however a bit snappier (read: higher acceleration) than the normal Apollos.

Why do you need a smoke discharger for an Ariel? These things live through their speed. Sorry, can't see any use for that. The reload time for the 90mm really is a bit too low. Will fix that.

And more weapons for the Ariels? Play them on the open field in 'Recon in force'. Your biggest problem will be runing out of ammo. :D

The 90mm has a lower range and lower punch than the 120mm. The Thor OTOH is mostly a long range fighting vehicle. So IMHO 90mm on Thor would be useless.

Just to repeat that: I will integrate any vehicle in the Zoo that you send me. It is after all a testing ground. But I won't make all vehicles. ;)

Who might need a smoke discharger is the Cutter. What do you think?

I remember fiddling around with the turret rotation but it had no visible effect IIRC. I'll try again and if it doesn't work I'll bug Clay. smile.gif

Poesel, Please get the Cutter with smoke cover.... If ever there was a vehicle that cries for some hope of concealment it is the Cutter. Put a 120mm on one just for revenge. Even better, stick a 90mm on it and speed it up. I'd also like to see a Cutter made into a 200mm rocket platform.

The Thor with auto (Double) firing 90mm.... Priceless. Many a time I've been in short range duels with the Thor and would put that second shot to great advantage. Long range the 120mm Thor would rule.... Short range, the 90mm would be ideal. Just think about it, something to ponder.

The Arial is great for speed... But, there is a point during an engadgement where I feel a discharge of smoke would give you a better chance of pulling out of contact. Even better, smoke the flanks of your vehicle and have a few moments to place an accurate round to the target. Again, if the weapon reload time was faster - maybe smoke would be useless.

When the problem with troops not being able to capture came up Clay said he would fix it in the next version. I just gave it number for GP, for all I know it could be 2.0.

The idea of putting smoke on the Ariel was not for itself, but to use its speed like the old PT boats, run ahead of the formation laying smoke and conceal the approach of the destroyers.

My vision was if you run an Ariel out dropping smoke and then bring your Thors, Hurrcains, Styx,Cutters in under a Hermes cover seems like a much more surriveable option (blind humans and bots).

Glad you liked the little flick. I am still learning to drive the Ariel as everyone can see. It s a fun vehicle and the speed is addicting.

For a high-speed hovercraft, I do think that the armor is a little heavier than it should be..and the 90mm recoil has no effect on its stability. Would'nt the recoil have an effect on a hovering vehicle? Same with the dual 76mm?

And while I have your attention, there is one more thing, -bumpers!

Actually, the arial has a tendency to pitch forward too much when it enters a crater or other depression and the front-end slams into the ground. I would hate to do that with my car, and it cant be good for the arial as well.

Real hovercraft have skirts around the side to maximize the ground effect and minimize this problem. I was thinking that maybe the arial needs another propulsion unit in the front to stop this, or something like a bumper to prevent damage and keep the pointy end from plowing into the ground.

Just a thought.

I'm afraid I can't do anything about that. The 'spring force' of the hover field is not moddable only altitude is. And raising this even more wouldn't look good IMHO.

Maybe Clay can fix that sometime. For now just be easy on the gas before you go upslope. That helps a lot.

Hey Poesel, on the topic of potential maps for Creature Zoo, I wouldn't mind seeing Rolling Hills as CTF - never been in rotation from what I remember and it's kinda of nice sunset, with the added advantage of lots of nasty spots to hide in ambush etc. Also I wouldn't mind seeing Twin Peaks (objective) again, just because I like the various lines of sight - oh yeah, and it also has pretty colours too....or at least colours that blow-up real pretty like.

One more thought: I'd also like to see very limited number of mines available and an increased number of dragon's teeth - especially if they are going to be smaller. Too many games have become stuck in a quagmire due to the ringing of flags or objectives in mines. Oh yeah, and again on the aesthetic side, dragon's teeth are far prettier than mines and look smashing on both the battlefield or the backyard lawn