"Thinking..."

Lars, I tried the save file and after a quick initial inspection it seems to be working ok. The first turns I tried with the weather on and it looked like the UK was attacking targets outside of the AF range, remember the AF strike range is cut in half due to weather, and then with weather off the AI selected targets outside of the AF range once again but further targets due to the increase in AF strike range.

Yes, this next patch will be 100% backwards compatible with saved games as well as for custom campaigns.

FYI, just a heads up that it looks like all major reported issues have been resolved but unfortunately with the holiday weekend coming up the patch probably won't be out until early next week... sorry about that guys but the good thing is that I did add a few extras such as the ability to scroll the map during your opponent's turn for Network games... this and a few other quick fixes will hopefully make the short delay worth the wait smile.gif

This may not be a workaround, but I was stuck in September 1942 -- I could not finish the same turn despite exiting the game and going back several times. After leaving it for about 48 hours, I reloaded it yesterday, and have run through mid-1943 with no further "Thinking ..." freezes.

Is this a feature that Hubert has included in v1.03 to force us to get away from SC2 once in while to get reintroduced to our families ??

Originally posted by Ulver:

Is there a workaround for this issue while we wait for a patch to fix it? It effectively renders single player unplayable and I need my fix. :)

Try saving after every turn. Then you can always go back to the last one that didn't stick and hopefully make it past the glitch. Worked for me.