Scenarios using rare vehicles.

Okay, so which scenarios use those uncommon AFVs such as T-34/57s, Stuh42, STG 33s, captured vehicles (all nations) and lend lease? I have found a few using Shermans, Panthers (for the Russian)French for the Romanians and Germans, but where can I use my new whitewashed snow Matilda, Valentines, Bren carriers and other captured German armor?

ANY info on ANY rare vehicle listed above--or any others you can think of--appreciated. As far as I can tell, NO scenario uses the T-34/57. Nah, I don't do quick battles. There are TOO many great battles and ops out there already (thanks guys) instead of doing my own weird hypothetical situations. :rolleyes:

I think Kalinin Raid uses the T34/57 and if you get the Stalingrad Pack and play Waltzing Matilda it has Matildas and MG Carriers, and if you play Approach to Sevestopal it has alot of captured and lend lease vehicles.

Edit: I just looked, Kalinin raid doesnt have the T34/57mm...

[ June 01, 2003, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: Schutzstaffel ]

Edit: I just looked, Kalinin raid doesnt have the T34/57mm...

Well gosh darn it, it should!

T-34/57 in action...

As for the Units you asked for:

Von Lachet(sp?) - Has a smattering of Lend lease Shermans, Churchhills, and a few captured STUG-IIIs for the Soviets

Tiger Tiger - Has a few Matilda IIs show up for the Soviet side. Of couse white washed tanks might look out of place in grassy fields.

A Battle of Minors - Both sides get a mixture of either rare or lend lease units from all over the place. Also a rare battle where the Germans fight their own hardware.

I don't have Waltzing Matilda, Der Kessel died and took their scenarios with them. :(

Any other site to find this? I tried the depot--no luck. Anybody willing to email me a zip of this scenario? If so, I'm stll on the 1.02v.

I ain't on the patch! smile.gif

Originally posted by tooz:

I don't have Waltzing Matilda, Der Kessel died and took their scenarios with them. :(

Any other site to find this? I tried the depot--no luck. Anybody willing to email me a zip of this scenario? If so, I'm stll on the 1.02v.

I ain't on the patch! smile.gif

You've got mail

Thanks for the tips guys. I appreciate the help. I have always thought that diversity is the strength of any great game. I am trying now to figure out what vehicles have I NEVER used. What strikes me as a glaring omission is that many tanks that should be used more often are not. For example, that strange crappy twin turreted T-26 (Model A I think)tank SHOULD appear with more frequency. A few years ago while doing research for the ASL boardgame system (I no longer play with cardboard :D ) I had discovered that more than 1200 of these tanks were produced, and approximately 90% many of these were destroyed within the first six months of the war. Yep, they suck, BUT they were used--OFTEN as command vehicles. Yet, outside of "Totemkopf Attack" where can I find this crap tin? I would like to encourage any scenario designer that does an early Barbarossa scenario that uses the 45 gun T-26 SHOULD throw a few of these twin turreted sardine cans in the OB mix as well. The Russians used them, we CMers (is that a term?) rarely do.

Unfortunately, without the Grant/Lee tanks (I know, I know, couldn't do the multiple turrets :mad: ) many battles cannot faithfully be recreated. Where are all of those Churchills that fought as elements of the heavy tank brgade in all of those Kursk scenarios? Stalingrad area saw many, many units equipped with Stuarts. Yet, any scenario have these? Also the 40mm and 57mm Valentines, and Bren carriers are too infrequent in CMBB.

Thanks for the heads up on the previous posts, if anybody has more info on the tanks I just mentioned. I would appreciate it.

Sarge, I'm heading for the wall now, going to take a little stroll... ;)

what about the stg 33? was it just a stopgap measure, used in the attempted relief of stalingrad?

it carries 30 rounds of ammo for its 150mm howitzer, and if memory serves it has the 80mm frontal. it only moves something like 11km ph though.

was it quickly superseded by the brummbar and/or the stuh 42?

edit: i included them in my 'kharkov' scenario because - if memory serves - there was an article somewhere on the web about them as part of 'kg wunsche' in the feb 1943 kharkov battles...

admittedly the su-122 and su-152s on the soviet side in the same scenario are probably not 'realistic'...

[ June 07, 2003, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: manchildstein II ]