Panzer Elite and CM

I have PE, CMBO, and IL-2 Sturmovik. ALL GREAT GAMES!! drawbacks for PE are the hard gunnery but once you get used to it you can become an ace. CMBO drawbacks...hmmm...takes all my freetime away? lol if thats a drawback I guess. IL-2: GREAT LOOKING GAME. the damage to your plane is like your watching a movie. Only drawback I see is the questionable flight model for some planes. Its a very heated discussion on the IL-2 board with lots of people going at other peoples throats over it. If anyone even has proof that hte FM may be a little off the other people are so in love with the game that they instantly all but drive the person who brings up the flaw out of the message board. its kinda sad that people can be so in love with a game and kiss butt like that to the programmers. But its a sweet game. all three I say are must haves. Of course I think everyone in here already has CMBO smile.gif

PE is a very decent effort, and well worth the money IMO. Steel Beasts is a better "Tank" sim as far as the realism goes, but that shouldn't matter if you like WWII over modern techno-sims.

And the mods are some of the best in any game and actually make the game a much better experience.

Worth a try if you buy it from somewhere you can take it back and get your money back if you don't like it though.

-Ray

I've played PE and most of the mods. It really is a blast. Then I got a set of the Revelators for my Elsa Geforce card and played it in 3D. It was unreal. I truly mean it. Unreal. No other game worked as well with the Revelators as that one did (Day of Defeat is good too). Even without the Revs, it is a lot of fun, has a lot of support from the fan base, and is really cheap in its re-release. I'd buy it if you dont have it. My only gripe was the penetration calculations. Seems like at close ranges, the Shermans would shrug off to many hits. The rest of the game was great!!

TeAcH