Berlin Map

I have posted my map of central Berlin to the Scenario Depot. It should be posted soon as Admiral Keth puts it up, God love 'im. It is a vey large map depicting the area around the Tiergarten, including all of the main bldngs (Reichstag, Bberg gate etc), as well as the Zoo and Flak Towers. Good for a few what if Western Allies tried to take the city battles before CMBB takes us to the real deal. Let me know what you think in yer reviews.

Originally posted by benpark:

russellmz,

I sent it to your email. I haven't seen the map posted yet on the Scenario Depot page. Do I need to give them a link, or does it just take a while to have it posted. Anyone who wants it, just drop me a line.

coooooooooool!

its huge and it looks great! after rereading that berlin book i mentioned to you before it is good to see all those places in cm.

i like how you included so many important buildings and locations. look there's the zoo! hey look there's hitler's bunker! look, the reichstag! unter den linden! hitler's henchmen's ministries: ss, gestap, lufwaffe, and propaganda ministries! the flak towers! the opera house!

i spent 15 minutes just looking at the map.

one small problem:

the paces where the bridges touch land have the water twisting above the water level. not sure if you can change the height level or tile type to fix it, just wanted to let you know.

i have two small possible suggestions (not necessarily accurate since i never saw a picture of the places):

should unter der linden have road with scattered tree road tiles instead of pavement? there were some lamposts and trees planted along that lane. it was famous for its lime trees but hitler cut them down to put in some lamposts. some small saplings were put in to replace the lime trees.

i like how you did brandenburg gate. but should the brandenburg gate be taller ? i am pretty sure it looks better now though since i just noticed you used the tallest bridge tile anyway. one story i read was that the russians attacking the reichstag had trouble finding it. they saw a grey building and were trying to get around it to the apparently larger looking building just beyond. their commanding officer told them them on a field phone that grey building was the reichstag. the attacking russians got some recently captured prisoners up to confirm this. the author suggests the russians had mistaken the top of the brandenburg gate for the reichstag.

a question too:

anything important at that 4 heavy building cluster just southeast of the spree river label? has a pond surrounded by pavement and a one tile black setup zone.

great work! very impressive looking.

you should try and get one of those free album accounts like at lycos photocenter and post a few pics for everyone to look at. you'd get a lot of downloads just from the screenshot alone.

• 4 months later...