I REALLY like this game!!!

I downloaded the demo for CM and holly cow!! I couldn't believe how good the demo was. My girlfriend was playing Rollercoaster Tycoon on her computer and I know she wanted to kill me, hearing me say how much fun I was having. lol. I kept on stopping her every second to show her something that happened in CM. The moment of truth was when a poor german infantry man was trying to crawl his way into the woods, and for some reason I zoomed in on the poor soul, Thats when the screen went ballistic with an explosion from a tank shell. Dirt and debry flying everywhere, and when the smoke cleared, Poor german guy was looking at the sky, lifeless. Off went the game, online I went, and Order the game I did.

Cant wait for the full version.

Seriously people, I'm 27 and I've been playing strategy games since junior high. Iron storm, PTO, shogun, but I've never played anything like this. good job guys and keep up the good work

LEGEND

I, like you, just discovered Combat Mission recently. I had the day off and all my other friends were working. I was sick of constantly clicking on monsters in Diablo II and was bored. So I was searching Gamespot.....noticed the review, downloaded the demo, and that is all she wrote!!! I ordered the game a week ago (still not here yet and I'm getting a little concerned) but I'm still loosing sleep just by playing the demo.

Games of this quality and detail are far and few between. This game is special and will hopefully win several wargame of the year awards. I truly believe that it deserves that honor.

------------------

"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it."

--A. Lincoln

Well, so far all I do is post concurances, but there it is.

Again, it truly is the quality of the gameplay that sets this one apart. I imagine I will be playing the West/East front games and TOAOW forever, but this game offers so much in both serious tactical exercise and just "Golly" fun, I am still in awe.

Welcome aboard and kiss your summer free time goodbye.

The only thing that's missing in CM actually now that you bring it up _is_ roller coasters. Imagine having an 88 mounted on a roller coaster car? Maybe somehow your girlfriend can convince Charles and Steve to add them in and that way happy couples can enjoy the game together instead of all these relationships getting ruinned.

smile.gif (Sorry Peng....he escaped)

[This message has been edited by Peterk (edited 07-23-2000).]

I couldn't possibly find any other game (so far at least) more worthy of ALL the wargames accolades this year, BTS should do a cleansweep no doubt. Then again if I know some of the reviewers right they'll probably go for a mass appeal, graphics loaden, semi realistic junk of heap you'll get tired of after 2 days. When people ask me about the best game ever I have to think about how long I bothered playing it... so far I guess Civilization has occupied most of my time. Close Combat 2 and Steel Panthers is highly ranked by me too. I think CM will be a classic in my house though, the question is if it will be played more than Civ was though.

Guest *Captain Foobar*

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Imagine having an 88 mounted on a roller coaster car? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Railroad Gun Tycoon " perhaps?

Yep...I came for the graphics and stayed for the strategy. And the simultaneous movement approach generates a lot more tension and nail biting that any RTS title I've played. Plus the fact that you can never be sure exactly how your units will react means that you can NEVER be absolutely sure that you have made an ironclad move. Like in backgammon, there's always that X factor. I just know this game is gonna have a wider appeal than the wargamer niche. And when it does, watch out. I also think we are gonna see a bunch of 'CM-likes' in a year or two. I know a fun game when I see it, and CM is one. I also am comparing it to Civilization, for me that's about as high praise as I give.

DeanCo--

I don't think I've lost so much sleep to one game as I have with CM (including CIV I & II). I'm a 15 year old student from Australia and I've "used-up" a whole week and many sleepless nights of my school holidays playing this game. My Dad's a stratagey nut so when he introduced me to this game I was suspicious at first (I didn't used to like WWII games) now I'm hooked.

Its 3:30AM here and I'm still PBEM ing - WHAT A GREAT GAME!!!

------------------

Who says charging the enemy isn't the best policy?...

words of the late, "great" commander Haigh

Guest Bad Ju Ju

One thing I encourage people to do is download the demo, which usually blows them away and confirms all the praise they've heard from me. BTS was right on target to create a great, playable demo that is fun in itself, but leaves you hungering for more.

------------------

"I didn't go to evil medical school for six years to be called MR. Evil." Dr. Evil

It truly is a long overdue step in the right direction in the world of wargaming. And, the endless grog complaints notwithstanding, it is, in fact, bug free. A few quirks which are easy to get used to, but nothing definitely buggy. I don't know any games that can say that at all. Worth every penny, and I'll buy the next one too.

------------------

It's a mother-beautiful bridge and it's gonna be THERE.

Babra: I agree that it's virtually bug free but I think some tweaks could be in order (and I know BTS is tweaking anything we can convince them needs tweaking). I reckon this game will be just about perfect in a couple of months (100%) because of all the user input BTS will receive.

I'm with you too!! Just dl the demo and I cant believe my eyes! I ordered the game and can't wait to get it. Thx BTS for ruining my girlfriends free time with me, I'm sure she will like that smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Gaddict (edited 07-23-2000).]

Legend, glad you like the game. You'll love the full version! So, you played PTO too huh? I just loved that game. I never got PTO-2 though. Never could find it. And seems I can't find it anywhere. Did you play PTO-2? And was it better than the first one? Anybody know where to find the computer version to PTO-2? Buddy out.

I've already ordered the game, but downloaded the demo last night just to see.

I haven't slept in about 20 hours.

This damn game sucks! I hate it. Whoever made this evil, sinister creation should be shot. It's going to be the end of me. I already spend too much time on the computer...now this?! When the HELL am I ever going to sleep, pay attention to my wife, eat, shower, take a crap?

My life's over. CM has control now. I'm possessed.

wink.gif