British 2" mortars still bugged?

I have just fired up "Amiens Tonight" to check this. The "Out of Range" script does appear. And at first I thought it wasn't working. But, after turn or two's delay the mortar began to fire smoke. So you might like to give it another try.

Edited by Warts 'n' all

I believe I did wait a while, but I'll have another go and observe the results more carefully. That game is still going on and that mortar team is currently sitting somewhere in the rear, having a... um... smoko... 😏 because they've run out of HE.

I wanted Smoke of War but seem to have ended up with Fog of War... 😣

I believe that the error is "only" in the "out of range"-text itself: When your 2 inch mortar is out of HE rounds you will get the misleading "out of range"-message when aiming for firing smoke rounds. But you can still go ahead and fire smoke rounds nevertheless. The mortars can still fire smoke rounds, it is just a text bug.