new player question /Hide command

Hello all, I'm a new player and among other things my very first question which was probably already aswered a zillion times is about the Hide command.

Can someone tell me if being in Hide mode impacts the LOS ? For instance an artillery obseverver hiding on top of a building...Does he see as well and as far?

I'm no expert but as far as I can remember, hiding troops have a peek around occasionally. When they're not taking a peek then their LOS is limited, from what I've read from various people here, they will hide their observers until they know the spotting rounds are due to arrive and then unhide them during the spotting process and until they get Fire for Effect. Once FFE has been called, the spotter no longer needs visibility onto the target for the rounds to land where they should so you can safely hide the observer again unless you want to conduct battle damage assessment.

Using the target LOS tool is not directly effected by hide but it is indirectly effected. The target tool uses the current heights of the solider models to make the determination. That's why if you have some soldiers standing and some kneeling you get that grey line for some targets because the standing team members can see the target ground and the kneeling members cannot. Hide will encourage troops to get prone to, you know, hide. Therefore a hiding team will likely all be prone or otherwise behind any cover they have to hide behind. Their view is effected because of that.

Once FFE has started one can move the FO to anyplace one wants even out of LOS of the target.  That way one can order an ADJUST to a new location (which is a faster method than starting the targeting process from the start).   

Once FFE has started even if your FO is KIA, the fire will continue.