Civilian Spies

Euri

I have the feeling that in this new version of CMSF, blue are able to automatically tell when an unarmed civilian is sided with the enemy. I draw this conclusion from playing 2 mission of the Marines Campaign where my troops detected two such poor guys in  buildings in "my side" of the map and they proceed to summarily execute them with no questions asked.

They have to be in close proximity,( adjacent or side hex) for proper id, if they are unarmed they could be a HQ unit with a radio to give away your position for artillery strikes or classified as a spy sitting on an IED waiting for you to get near it before he detonates it. But for now as MOS:96B2P states they (enemy posing as civ's) are the only civ units in the game.

1 hour ago, Ch53dVet said:

They have to be in close proximity,( adjacent or side hex) for proper id, if they are unarmed they could be a HQ unit with a radio to give away your position for artillery strikes or classified as a spy sitting on an IED waiting for you to get near it before he detonates it. But for now as MOS:96B2P states they (enemy posing as civ's) are the only civ units in the game.

No offense but some of you guys really need start learning to read before cluttering the threads with pointless responses.

Edited by Mattis

18 hours ago, Mattis said:

No offense but some of you guys really need start learning to read before cluttering the threads with pointless responses.

Sorry, I should have started my response with "From my own personal experiences with SF1 and SF2 the Marines and all the other NATO forces didn't "Terminate with Extreme Prejudice" any non-com or un-con forces in the game. All the forces engaged had the red force icon tags, associated with them". All you have to do is save the game, declare a ceasefire and review the map to, clearly, see the opposition forces that were planted into your starting games setup area." 

Edited by Ch53dVet

6 hours ago, Ch53dVet said:

All the forces engaged had the red force icon tags, associated with them"

The above is a case of petitio principii (begging the question). I am arguing that these kind of "civilian" units are not expected to be assign red tags that easily (each and every time is my experience) but rather exceptionally, or else remain unseen.