Jump to content
Rocky Balboa

Having issues installing CMSF2

Recommended Posts

I have installed CMSF2 full version for windows.   when I start from the icon on my desktop I am asked to active the product.   I put in my activation code in and the activation code is accepted.  See attached inst1.   After I hit the play button my desktop appears and then after 30 seconds to a minute the next scree appears.  See inst2.  

As you can see something is not working right.  If I close everything out and click on the CMSF2 icon again I get the same result as if it never did activate even though it tells me it does.

Any help would be appreciated ...

 

Inst1.png

inst2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about the 'blank' screen on the initial launch, but if these are UPGRADES, then you would need to also activate the original license keys (CMSF1) for the main game and each of the modules.Typically there should be a shortcut for 'Activate Modules' or something like that on the desktop for activating modules and previous CMSF1 license keys. 

For a full, non-upgrade purchase and installation the CMSF1 license keys would not be necessary of course and the game should activate and run with the license key(s) provided with the purchase.

Each time you launch the 'Activate Modules' shortcut (or whatever it is actually called) it should show you all of the current activations for CMSF2 (including the 'v1' license keys for the Upgrade installations). It's possible that you may get a 'blank' screen when launching the main game executable that is lacking the necessary activations (though the 'Activate Modules' shortcut should show what is exactly activated).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, same problem... I solved it by putting the code of the original CMSF1 into activation request...

NCYxs0i.jpg

now only one problem... even if it said that I have the base game with all the module... inside the game module are not presents

Edited by cranio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rocky Balboa said:

Yes this is an upgrade but I don't even have the original CMSF1 installed anymore.   Do I need to install and activate CMSF1 first and then do the upgrade?  

All you need are the original keys you had for SF1. Activate those and then activate any new keys that came with whatever SF2 purchase/purchases you made. EX: If You bought SF2 + Marines Upgrade, activate their key, then activate the original SF1 key and SF1 Marines Module key. If you bought the Full Upgrade you need to activate ALL the original keys that you had with SF1 (Main game, Marines, Brits, NATO) and the Full Upgrade key.

 

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok this seems to work ... had to put in both the old activation codes from CMSF1 as well as the new codes from CMSF2...  I did notice that there was no campaign with the Marines modules is that correct?   It's been so long since I played CMSF I dont remember.    I have the TF Thunder campaign  and several USMC battles but no marine campaign .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rocky Balboa

You should have the Marines' campaign. You may had a botched install. They included all the campaigns for the respective releases but only the two US campaigns have been updated for SF2. The remaining (older version campaigns) are being updated now and will be released when finished. They did this so we wouldn't have to wait for the game to be released.

If you bought the full upgrade your campaigns should look like this (If you didn't you can figure out which is which by process of elimination):

Back On Tracks (NATO Dutch)

Die Kunst Des Krieges (NATO Germans)

Highland Games (Brit Module)

Semper Fi Syria ( Marines Module)

Task Force Thunder (Base Game)

The Kabour Trail (NATO Canadians)

Training Campaign (Base Game)

 

Hope that does it.

 

Mord.

 

P.S. Tell Adrienne and Pauly, Merry Christmas.

Edited by Mord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mord said:

All you need are the original keys you had for SF1. Activate those and then activate any new keys that came with whatever SF2 purchase/purchases you made. EX: If You bought SF2 + Marines Upgrade, activate their key, then activate the original SF1 key and SF1 Marines Module key. If you bought the Full Upgrade you need to activate ALL the original keys that you had with SF1 (Main game, Marines, Brits, NATO) and the Full Upgrade key.

 

Mord.

all hail Mord, thanks for the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mord said:

@Rocky Balboa

You should have the Marines' campaign. You may had a botched install. They included all the campaigns for the respective releases but only the two US campaigns have been updated for SF2. The remaining (older version campaigns) are being updated now and will be released when finished. They did this so we wouldn't have to wait for the game to be released.

If you bought the full upgrade your campaigns should look like this (If you didn't you can figure out which is which by process of elimination):

Back On Tracks (NATO Dutch)

Die Kunst Des Krieges (NATO Germans)

Highland Games (Brit Module)

Semper Fi Syria ( Marines Module)

Task Force Thunder (Base Game)

The Kabour Trail (NATO Canadians)

Training Campaign (Base Game)

 

Hope that does it.

 

Mord.

 

P.S. Tell Adrienne and Pauly, Merry Christmas.

      Thanks for the help Mord but this is what I'm seeing.   On the main screen I'm showing both icons for the base game and the Marines module as it should be.  But when I go to the campaign menu everything is grayed out except TF Thunder & Training campaign.    When I select the Semper Fi Syria Campaign,  I get a message telling me that I need the NATO Module for that campaign.   All the other campaigns are as you stated.

     It's possible that there is a bug in the Marines campaign file and it doesn't effect those who have the NATO Module.

 

     

 

Edited by Rocky Balboa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're welcome, guys.

59 minutes ago, Rocky Balboa said:

 It's possible that there is a bug in the Marines campaign file and it doesn't effect those who have the NATO Module.

Yep. Here it is.

Mord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...