I need some help

GLynn41

CMBN 1.x will NOT run on Windows 10. The copy-protection system in that version is incompatible with Windows 10. I'm not sure if it is CMBN 2.0 or 3.0 that is fully Windows 10 compatible when it came to the copy-protection system.

Do you have the 4.0 Upgrade for CMBN ? If so, then download the 'full Windows installer' for it and install that. This will have just about everything for CMBN. Each module/pack/upgrade will need to be activated in order to access it. I believe the 3.0 Upgrade license key will also be needed (2.0 Upgrade license key should NOT be needed).

If you don't have the 4.0 Upgrade, then you will want to install the 2.0 Upgrade (and the 3.0 Upgrade if you have that) and activate that instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now sent in two tickets.  I will try one more time after that, then I will wait I guess.   

I will also check on my Avast.  Normally it ignores my games and I have had it for years. 

I had cleaned out my trash etc from email -- so I do not know if an answer was in there, but I will look this time

Were you able to install the 4.0 Upgrade/full-installer ? The error that you originally got is something that EVERYONE who attempts to run CMBN 1.x will get with Windows 10 (irrespective of what anti-virus/security software they are running). For the 4.0 Upgrade you will need the 3.0 Upgrade and 4.0 Upgrade license keys and then the keys to any modules/packs that you have purchased.

When it comes to anti-virus/security software adding an 'exception' for the game executables and/or directory is a good idea. Sometimes a signature update could cause a sudden quarantine of your CM executables and adding an exception or whitelist entry should prevent that.