3 v 3 Mech Battalion PBEM? Please !?

Artkin

Things are so boring for me. Lets try to get people together.

I was thinking of a mechanized 3 v 3 turn based battle on a very large map 3x3km and up !!!:) Each commander could be assigned his own battlegroup:

Recon Platoon (Start troops)

Mech Infantry Platoon (Reinf. 1)

Tank Platoon (Reinf. 2) 

And so on. This way troop counts are kept low, maps large, and fun is to be had. Battles should be decently quick slugfests. 

Teams should be well organized and be prepared to redeliver turns in a timely manner.

In terms of maps.. let's get some suggestions. Rad full 2 is my map of interest right now, but it is awfully flat. Wax Museum is much more hilly. 

Let me know what you guys think or if you're interested. 

I'm interested, But I play RT primarily because my work schedule is completely open ended and constantly shifting. I can give a full evening once, maybe thrice a week but every day is an impossibility for me, unfortunately. 

3km2 is a little small for a full battalion, but what you've listed is more like company scale. 

You're saying each member takes a platoon? 

Edited by kinophile

Well we can establish scale, map, force composition when everyone is here and we agree on the scenario. But yes, something like that. Take a platoon or a company each and work together using your own specific playstyle to achieve your objectives. If we started with platoons each it would be a very low maintenance game, turns can be processed very quickly, and we will likely have a much smoother first time around than if we had a company each. 

@BTR,

The singular file would have to be passed along between the teams. If there are two teams of players 1-6, 3 on a team... we will have 

Team one: 1 2 3

Team two: 4 5 6

The file starts with player 1. He assigns his move orders, saves file, passes it to player two.. and from two it is sent to player three. At this point player 3 clicks the start turn button and sends file to other team to player 4. Then they go to 6.. send it back to team one.. and so fourth. 

Speaking of fourth, we have 3 players on board right now not including BTR.. but we have our eyes on you. :)

Of course we dont have to do a 3v3 and can do a 2v2 or whatever. 2v1. It's cool. 

Edited by Artkin

10 hours ago, Artkin said:

The file starts with player 1. He assigns his move orders, saves file, passes it to player two.. and from two it is sent to player three. At this point player 3 clicks the start turn button and sends file to other team to player 4. Then they go to 6.. send it back to team one.. and so fourth. 

I see. I wasn't aware you could save move orders then pass on the file. Interesting stuff.