CMJukebox Music Manager now available for download!

Over my years of playing Combat Mission, mostly via email, I've grown tired of listening to the same old song time after time while waiting for the game to load.

So I decided to hone my Java programming skills, while also hopefully contributing to the passtime I love: Combat Mission! :)

After a couple months of programming and using the program myself, I feel like it is time to share this with the community. Without further ado...drumroll please....

Welcome the CMJukebox music management tool!

I'll let the link describe the tool in detail. Please feel free to download and use; it is free, and my way of saying 'Thank You' to Battlefront and the Combat Mission community, for bringing my childhood dreams of playing Squad Leader, with true fog-of-war, to fruition.

If you download the tool, please feel free to reply to me with any feedback. I'm sure it's not yet perfect, but would like it to become so. As an 'added bonus', I've also formatted some public domain songs to the correct .wav file format; you can download those from the CMJukebox songs site as well.

Thanks

-johnnymo

CMJukebox_CMBN.png

Edited by johnnymo
html img tag does not work

I can guarantee it's not a Trojan. It's entirely self-contained and makes no calls anywhere.

And I have posted before, but in the long ago and far away, when I did some 'Saving Private Ryan'/'Saving Private Ivan' mods for CMBO and CMBB. That was well before this 'new' Bulletin Board software.

UPDATE: I've now got CMJukebox supporting drap-and-drop file conversion, for mp3, mp4, and wav file formats.

So if you have music files on your computer that you always wished could be played in Combat Mission, now you can use them!

I've updated the documentation to reflect this new behavior. I hope you find it useful.

UPDATE to the previous UPDATE: there was a bug in the CMJukebox update that I posted yesterday afternoon: songs drag-and-dropped for conversion would not convert if they had special characters or non-ANSI characters in their filenames, which meant most Russian songs with Cyrillic filenames would not convert.

I've fixed that bug and updated the files; anyone who picked up yesterday's update (thanks!) should re-download the latest CMJukebox.zip file, which no longer has this problem.

Edited by johnnymo

• 4 months later...

With the release of CMSF2 imminent, I've replayed a couple CMSF battles, which raised a bug with the old version of CMJukebox. So I've fixed the issue and reposted the tool.

The updated program is available for free download at http://www.rubydoogames.com/. Please feel free to use the tool, and share any impressions or bugs here.

Now back to joining the CMSF2 refresh monkeys🐒🐒🐒....