bug in CMFI when requesting the open command

Tinyb, I am certain it's not a mod. The only mod that consistently causes a problem on install/reinstall of the game--but not the "crucifiction" one--is a UI text mod (uh oh, brain fart...cannot remember the Modder's name!). I've had the crucifiction bug several times over the years, and it is definitely due to forgetting a patch, or installing modules/patches out of order. I wouldn't waste my time checking the mods if I were in your shoes again. Be certain you have the exact order down before you install, or better yet, if you can, use the universal installer. Good luck!

You bet.  By the way, it was Vin's Animated Text mod that consistently causes problems if left in the Mod/Z folder while installing the games/modules.  Something to do with the fact it changes the string text.  I haven't used it in ages, and so it's not in my mod folder.  The last few times I had to do the install dance, I left all my other mods in (about 200) and had no problems.

• 1 year later...

Following a long period of really not knowing what to do, I decided to upgrade CMFI to Eng 4 along with the remainder of the CM Games.  The Crucifix issue has been resolved,  Its gone, thought it was worth mentioning.  Also following the download of the patch to Eng 4 the game has improved hugely.  Best Wishes to all.