BTR60 in Milan

Sandokan

Long story short. Last week I was at Cartoomics, a comics and games fair in Milan. As usual, among other things, there were the guys of the Umbrella Corporation Italy club, linked with the Biohazard movies, putting up a show a few times a day with zombies on rampage, Umbrella's soldiers shooting around, terrified civilians on the run etc. Not a bad show, really. The thing which surprised me was that this year was added a real BTR60. I asked more info to a guy of the gang and he told me that it was bought in Poland last year and has the engine and a good deal of the electric stuff still in good enough shape. Well, obviously it was demilitarized. Italian legislation is rather strict about this things. I wonder how much can cost such a vehicle. More than a FIAT panda, I presume.

BTR60 Umbrella co 1.jpg

BTR60 Umbrella co 2.jpg

The vehicle in your picture is a SKOT OT-64 APC, not a BTR.  ;)

ot_64_skot.jpg

But if you do want a BTR-60, $17K will buy you a nice one: 

37.jpeg

http://www.mortarinvestments.eu/products/armoured-vehicles-4/btr-60-8

Offers on a knackered example here:

DSCF1639.JPG

http://www.russianmilitary.co.uk/details.php?id=165

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

21 hours ago, Sandokan said:

Long story short. Last week I was at Cartoomics, a comics and games fair in Milan. As usual, among other things, there were the guys of the Umbrella Corporation Italy club, linked with the Biohazard movies, putting up a show a few times a day with zombies on rampage, Umbrella's soldiers shooting around, terrified civilians on the run etc. Not a bad show, really. The thing which surprised me was that this year was added a real BTR60. I asked more info to a guy of the gang and he told me that it was bought in Poland last year and has the engine and a good deal of the electric stuff still in good enough shape. Well, obviously it was demilitarized. Italian legislation is rather strict about this things. I wonder how much can cost such a vehicle. More than a FIAT panda, I presume.

BTR60 Umbrella co 1.jpg

BTR60 Umbrella co 2.jpg

I see Umbrella still hasn't lost it's style, albeit this OT-64 is a bit too practical for them. I'm guessing the recession hit them hard -- no massive underground bases or laser fences.

Did Wesker sit in the commander's position? (I've seen too many of those 'films', xD)

• 2 weeks later...
On 26.3.2018 at 8:46 PM, Sandokan said:

Yup! I stand corrected. Anyway, it isn't that expensive ...

If you are interested, check „www.panzerkauf.de“. Looks like they have dozens of AFV‘s on stock. Unfortunately, they give you a price only on request.

Keep us informed, when you made your choice... 😎