Bloody Omaha_1_1

borg

Hi all - not sure if it's my Mac, when I got this scenario - it starts by having 4 units in a corner of the map & can't get them to move or command a LOS for battleships or destroyer fire.

Is this scenario 'ok' ? Or known to have this 'glitch' ?

Yeah yeah I know. That's ok.. But the 4 units are located in such a way that I cannot by any means get them to look over the bloody terrain to 'spot' or 'identify' artillery spots. They just can't move... Do u have the scenario ? Do your units start from edge(corner) of screen or from edge(center) of the screen . As there is this lovely tiny terrain covered with hedges - in the center of the map.. Looks like a perfect spot.

yes i've played it. you're not supposed to move the spotters, they are just there to lay down the initial barrage which they don't need LOS for. you are supposed to use the harass and maximum load out for the barrage. i think later on you get more naval support and the FO for that pops up in the middle island and he will have LOS thru the hedge. tough scenario, there will be blood . 

Hmm interesting - so for the arty from naval support - I do not need LOS, I simply select the HQ or spotter unit - click on point, area or line target and that's it ? Funny I thought I couldn't do this. Let me try again.

Hmm interesting - so for the arty from naval support - I do not need LOS, I simply select the HQ or spotter unit - click on point, area or line target and that's it ? Funny I thought I couldn't do this. Let me try again.

No, any artillery barrage plotted during the setup phase does not require LOS. That goes for all types of off map support.

Once you hit [go] you need LOS just like everything else.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...