Russian optics

antaress73

I find funny that the russian infantry is probably more accurate at night than during the day because of the night sights on their weapons. Is it light intensifiers or thermals ? Why no optics on daytime russians ? From what i've read, it is now common even among run of the mill motor rifle troops.

Edited by antaress73

I find funny that the russian infantry is probably more accurate at night than during the day because of the night sights on their weapons. Is it light intensifiers or thermals ? Why no optics on daytime russians ? From what i've read, it is now common even among run of the mill motor rifle troops.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/118308-optics-on-russian-small-arms/

Night vision sights only, no thermals. 

In terms of the separatists and Russian helpers, I haven't seen much optics in the vids I've seen on Youtube and Liveleak.  Yes, the occasional one here and there, but not nearly as many as I have seen in footage from Syria.  Still seeing a lot of iron sights and stock AK-74's (wood furniture), instead of some of the higher-end, obviously sponsored or merc ones from other theaters.  Just my 2 cents though, I'm certainly no expert.

Hmm -- rethinking my comments above, maybe I am comparing apples to oranges, as the rebels presumably are not the same as front-line Russian troops in the CMBS scenario.  CMBS Russians are using AK-74M's (the plastic furniture ones), so maybe it makes sense they would all have optics vs. the rebels with the surplus the Russians are giving them to disguise involvement.