Winter warfare?

For future expansion packs could BF consider expanding the scope of the game to allow a winter variant of the Ukranian War (saySeptember to March) allowing for the possibility that the Russians chose to invade during the winter or the conflict portrayed lasts longer than the end of August.

Anyway, looks good so far, despite the download problems early on. Thanks to all the staff at BF.

Edited by LUCASWILLEN05

I've heard no discussion on the topic but in my mind the main impediment is creating a plausible backstory that would extend the high-intensity conflict for months-and-months into winter time. I suppose by module 3 they could  switch from Russian summer offensive to Alllied winter offensive, a push to take back Russian-occupied territory after a pause in the war to refit and recover.

Edited by MikeyD

That or it's part of the uncon module, so NATO/Ukraine can mop up surviving separatists in Donbass/Russia can clear out the remaining Ukrainian nationalists in the east.  Would not make the "official" scenario invalid, and would still let user campaigns in the dead of winter exist.

(Also if there's a Polish module I am totally doing the Battle of Warsaw all over again, and while not historic, the winter would be an awesome setting for that).  

I think the Polish government has already paid off BF NOT to include an expansion into Polish territory.  Negotiations are still underway with Belarus.

Yes, but in CM terms, there's not much terrain difference between Eastern Ukraine and Poland.  The official scenario will totally be the Poles going all Sobieski at Vienna (well Kiev) however.  That said I rather fancy the idea of doing the Russo-Polish War of 2020 as a 100 year reunion event.  

I've heard no discussion on the topic but in my mind the main impediment is creating a plausible backstory that would extend the high-intensity conflict for months-and-months into winter time. I suppose by module 3 they could  switch from Russian summer offensive to Alllied winter offensive, a push to take back Russian-occupied territory after a pause in the war to refit and recover.

Or the story could involve an eruption of winter fighting after months of tense ceasefire.