modern mines improvement are they more lethal?

Holien

I haven't heard of any tinkering with mines. Not that it didn't happen, just that nobody's mentioned anything. One interesting thing, US in this game eschews the use of anti-personnel mines! Ukraine and Russia have them but not the US. Adhering to the spirit of the Ottawa treaty though we hadn't signed, mostly because we had the DMZ bordering North Korea  under our jurisdiction. Of course things can always change before game release.

Edited by MikeyD

Just wondering if mine technology has improved since ww2 and if cmbs

will change from how they perform in the ww2 games?

Directional mines such as claymores and the MON-series are more common and more effective at producing casualties since they spray fragments in a horizontal fan instead of a vertical one. Also the MON-200 is freaking huge, with a two hundred meter casualty radius.

I would guess these would need to be modelled differently from how mines were in cmbn? Certainly would cause more mayhem! Maybe out of scope of game?

Mines are supposed to be employed as a part of any competent defensive scheme. Command-detonated ones especially. But they could probably already use existing command-detonoated IED code from CMSF, since the concept of operations is similar.

Edited by Apocal

Mine technology both (anti-personel and anti-tank) has definitely improved tramendously since WW2. Nowdays we have "smart" sensor activated AT mines that target the side armour of passing vehicles with little to no human interaction. There are also all kinds of sisemic sensors to activate entire minefields based on certain input parameters (i.e. a group of 10+ men). Not sure if we would see that in the initial release of CMBS, but it would certainly be an interesting tactical option to consider for future releases.