baranovichi tips

anyone got any tips on how to approach this scenario?

ive tried it twice and failed both times. the 2nd attempt I took a very methodical approach by creeping forward with recon but it was pretty obvious half way through that I wouldn't have enough time to complete it.

it would seem that I would need to rush units forward but surely I would lose to many units that way.

how are other people approaching this scenario and other ones like it?

Played it through once...

BaronovichiFinish.jpg

If you'd like details, I'll share. But, to me, part of the fun is trying to puzzle it out. :)

(And I did some "testing" near the end, not totally hard-core playing. No, I did not even look at this during beta-testing. My first look was at the public release.)

Now, if I share, you can't go telling other guys what I did. My reputation of driving my men to their deaths would take a bit of hit...

Ken

Played it through once...

BaronovichiFinish.jpg

If you'd like details, I'll share. But, to me, part of the fun is trying to puzzle it out. :)

(And I did some "testing" near the end, not totally hard-core playing. No, I did not even look at this during beta-testing. My first look was at the public release.)

Now, if I share, you can't go telling other guys what I did. My reputation of driving my men to their deaths would take a bit of hit...

Ken

If you still had 42 men alive at the end of the battle, you weren't trying hard enough.

• 3 years later...

Recently started a LP for this battle, I really have been enjoying it. I beat it once sweeping my forces forward across a general line and flanked into the town through the northern crossing with a handful of tanks to take the town. I only had 3 or 4 tanks left though. The second try, I went for the southern farmland and through the trees but quit after losing a lot of tanks to Panthers and SPGs in the opposite treeline. For the Let's Play I decided to re-organize my forces and go for an all out northern attack. I planned on pushing all of my assets onto the northern road after to clearing the woods as best I could.Then I'll cross the river and push in through the northern farmland with tanks while their infantry assaults from the forest. Then the secondary wave of truck infantry will arrive to help mop up!

CM Red Thunder 2017-04-25 19-22-40-056.jpg